Senior Auditor - Hybrid, Vancouver
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about the team:
The Global Risk & Advisory Services team at lululemon are problem solvers, insight and solution generators, and trusted advisors to the business. We leverage our risk and control expertise to support risk management and to drive continuous process improvements and cost savings. We partner with various parts of the business (Technology, Digital, Supply Chain, and Finance, to name a few) and engage in open dialogue to tap into the potential of our people and action innovative solutions. Our team is global in scope, and drives continuous improvement in everything we do.
a day in the life:
- Accountable for the efficient and effective conduct of compliance and operational audits and project tasks assigned across global departments in accordance with the Audit Plan and ad-hoc business requests.
- Obtaining a deeper understanding of existing business processes, investigation into root causes of identified risks, and driving remediation where possible.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for business process improvements through execution of projects, and clearly communicate recommendations.
- Contributing to building future capabilities within the team to better support SOX, operational/technology audits and advisory projects.
- Based in Vancouver, BC; building trusting relationships within the team, and with business partners globally.
- 5+ years of progressive and relevant professional experience in internal audit and controls testing or equivalent combination of relevant experience.
- Retail industry experience preferred.
- Relevant certification(s) (e.g., CIA, CISA, CPA, or other) preferred.
- Proficiency with data analytics tools (e.g., Power BI) preferred.
- Effective communication and relationship-building skills, a natural affinity for being curious and inquisitive, and an ability to work with ambiguity, analyze situations and problem solve.
- Focused on deliverables and able to work across different teams/ functions.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.