Staff Software Engineer - Digital Transaction
Who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
lululemon Engineering is dedicated to building secure, reliable, and performant products for our guests and partners. We embrace the philosophies of Agile, Modern stack engineering, DevOps, and SRE to accelerate our development process and provide the most enjoyable, inclusive, and supportive work environment possible. We believe our journey is more fun when it is collaborative, as we focus on the future instead of the past. As an leader, you will work as part of a global team supported by our business and technology partners to help us collaboratively develop and deliver industry leading technology solutions that drive global order management and OMNI experiences. This role specifically is in the Digital team which supports lululemon’s North America Digital Transactions experience with a variety of technologies.
A day in the life:
As a Staff Engineer, you will work as the technical leader for the platform(s) your team delivers. You will be counted on as a leader in your technology space as you contribute to all areas of development and operations (pre-production to production). You will spend a fair amount of time planning the evolution of the tools and systems that make up your platform, guiding your team’s roadmap year to year. You will contribute heavily to our Engineering principles by maintaining the practical “how we do it” documentation, and by partnering with Senior Leadership and Principal Engineers to lead a Community of Practice aimed at increasing Engineer training and development for your technology stack. Staff Engineers work to elevate our engineering community by designing/introducing tools and systems that accelerate and support our engineering best practices.
- Main contributor for product roadmaps at the platform level
- Responsible for feature design; evaluate designs and provide feedback
- Partner with project management to deliver status and performance updates.
- Conduct research to aid in product development and tools selection.
- Investigate user trends and feedback to evolve your target platform.
- Facilitate an Engineering Community of Practice for your platform.
- Contribute to engineering automation, management, or development of production level systems.
- Own the delivery lifecycle for a select platform
- Collaborate with Architecture, Security and Operations throughout product development life cycle.
- Ability to learn, understand, and work quickly with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
- Demonstrate competence of engineering concepts and theories, combining them with business understanding to design, document and implement clean and robust solutions to complex business problems
- Work on building tech backlogs and objectives to improve quality process, CI/CD pipelines, infra-automation which are measurable and fully automated.
- Help the team to measure success using metrics and measurable outcomes for deliverables.
- Drive operational excellence working with global teams based across regions and multiple time zones
- Completed bachelor’s degree or diploma (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Software Architecture preferred; candidates with substantial and relevant industry experience are also eligible.
- 10+ years of engineering experience
- Ability to author, evangelize, and educate on engineering best practices.
- Strong understanding experience in designing and building domain driven microservices.
- Full knowledge on developing stateless and scalable microservices.
- Working experience with container and container orchestration technologies
- Full knowledge and understanding on async, reactive service development.
- Experience with RESTful architecture
- Advanced knowledge of engineering practices covering highly resilience, immutable services, async services, headless, stateless, highly scalable & available service
- Strong usage of design pattern and practices
- Experience building, architecting, designing, and implementing highly distributed multi-region cloud based systems.
- Experience developing solutions for retail or eCommerce businesses and other relevant domains such as manufacturing & logistics, supply chain, or corporate shared services.
- Experience influencing a broad range of engineering teams and aligning to a common vision.
- Experience with system design, architecture, scaling, and performance testing. Experience building services a plus
- Experience working with Principal engineers and guide the engineering team to follow standards, best practices
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. In addition to our competitive Total Rewards offering, we also have personal and professional development offerings. Our offerings recognize our teams for their performance and support whole person development, including support for employees on how to grow their career:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: Availability of the incentive programs, benefits, and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.