Senior Manager, Procurement - Supply Chain
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Who we are:
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team:
The Global Procurement team are trusted business advisors who strategically partner with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to create value and mitigate risk in strategic non-product purchases for the global organization. The team supports the business in increasing its profitability and return on investment by creating value in our indirect supply chain through sourcing and negotiation. From providing category expertise, market insights, cost savings opportunities & developing short and long-term strategies, the Global Procurement team supports the business with their supplier relationships.
A day in the life:
The Senior Manager, Procurement for our Supply Chain category supports Distribution and Logistics stakeholders in meeting their business goals and objectives. In partnership with business stakeholders, they are responsible for the development, implementation, management, and performance of sourcing strategies.
- Lead the development and execution of category plan and associated sourcing strategies
- Lead and develop team members
- Support annual Distribution and Logistics sourcing activities - from strategy to contract
- Support annual productivity improvements in each category of spend by developing and ensuring implementation of ideas to optimize total cost of ownership (TCO) for spend categories
- Bring sourcing efficiency to all activity; define specific roadmaps containing prioritization of sourcing categories and events
- Build strategic partnerships with internal business leaders to increase Procurement awareness and reach through collaboration to build effective sourcing strategies that leverage the fast pace of the technology market to achieve business and function specific priorities
- Link market intelligence and value analytics to sourcing strategy & category plan development
- Use a collaborative and inclusive approach to deliver against global Distribution and Logistics strategic priorities, and translate that strategy into effective and innovative sourcing strategies
- Continuous learning and understanding of industry and market trends using external and internal resources to inform the Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy
- Contribute to supplier relationship and performance management activities
- Required: Bachelor
- Preferred: MBA, SCMP or equivalent professional designation
- 7+ years Procurement experience
- 4+ years Supply Chain category experience
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Immigration support is potentially available for this role.