Manager, UX Design (Guest Education Centre - Contact Centre)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
The Educator (Employee) Digital UX design function is a key part of the Global Digital & Omni team, providing user-centered experience strategy, design concepts, and production-ready design assets to deliver a consistent and meaningful guest experience across our digital touch points.
A day in the life:
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of UX designers for our Guest Educator Center (Our Support Centre)
- Review, provide feedback, and approve design components, flows, strategies, and other artifacts developed by the team
- Ensure smooth delivery of high quality deliverables across multiple projects at any given time, providing oversight and guidance while empowering team members
- Work cross functionally with teams, such as: Product Management, Technology, User Research, Brand Creative, Analytics & Optimization, and Digital Strategy to build UX strategies, designs, and ultimately end user experiences that align with the Digital & Omni portfolio goals
- Contribute to overall UX design principles, processes and standards in collaboration with broader UX team
- Coordinate and facilitate workshops to gather input from various team members and stakeholders
- Provide recommendations to inform workstream roadmap and plans
- Collaborate with UX Managers to align on deliverables and expectations
- Create and deliver executive level presentations
- Recruit, hire, manage and mentor top digital UX/UI designers. Develop relationships with design firms and independent contractors
- 8+ years of experience designing end-to-end UX
- 0-3 years of management experience, direct people management preferred but not required
- BS or BA degree or equivalent experience: human-centered interaction, UX/UI design or related field of study
- Successful experience managing or mentoring designers
- Experience leading large-scale projects with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking and practical organizational planning skills
- Expertise across all facets of human-centered design and user experience, spanning UX strategy, experience/interaction design, user research/assessment, prototyping, visual design and user adoption.
- Superior communication and compelling presentation skills to build and share inspiring visual stories
- Practical understanding (including capabilities and limitations) of current technologies used to design rich experiences (Figma, Miro, etc.)
- Experience translating user research, analytics and best practices into design decisions
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Additional Notes Immigration support is potentially available for this role.
Compensation and Benefits Package
For Washington Applicants: lululemon’s compensation offerings are rooted in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position in Washington is from $141,400 – $185,600 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our competitive Total Rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. In addition to our competitive Total Rewards offering, we also have personal and professional development offerings. Our offerings recognize our teams for their performance and support whole person development, including support for employees on how to grow their career:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: Availability of the incentive programs, benefits, and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.