Program Manager - Digital Commerce
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this role
The ideal candidate will have a history of demonstrated results leading large, cross-functional teams to accomplish complex projects across matrixed organizations. They must thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity, create and simplify processes, and simultaneously support multiple projects impacting a growing global organization. This role requires excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to identify and eliminate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate, and make tradeoffs and balance business needs versus technical constraints. Maturity, curiosity, creative problem solving, and team leadership are all essential for success in this role.
You demonstrate leadership by supporting the growth and development of your team as a whole and individually. Goal-setting is as integral to lululemon as yoga and you facilitate your team’s participation in our Vision & Goals program. This is not about your performance. This is about defining what is authentically important for you and your team and then setting out to make it happen.
As Program Manager in Digital Commerce team, you will interface with key stakeholders and apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the Project Life Cycle and project planning. You will ensure collaborating with architects and lead engineers that the commerce services and platform are well designed using best practices to meet the scalability and reliability to grow global eCommerce.
A day in the life
- Provide Agile Program Management within the Digital Commerce team
- Lead program/project delivery in partnership with technology and product teams.
- Drive alignment on project deliverables by effectively partnering with stakeholders.
- Assemble and manage program roadmap and checkpoint gates.
- Responsible for managing holistic program budgets and key milestones.
- Manage project communications and stakeholders, including all levels of leadership
- Communicate, manage, and escalate issues, risks and dependencies are surfaced and tracked to remove road blocks and mitigate delivery risk
- Assemble and manage program delivery roadmap and checkpoint gates.
- Oversee & when needed manage Budget Forecast and Actuals
- Champion program/project management best practices and processes.
- 10+years in IT; 2+ years of program management experience.
- 5+ years of project management and/or related experience
- Education and/or strong work experience in Information Technology or a related field (preferred).
- Experience working with both agile and waterfall delivery methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in managing $2M plus budgets.
- Demonstrated experience translating business strategy into roadmaps.
- Proven experience making tradeoffs between business needs and technology constraints.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka don’t take yourself too seriously.