Senior Textile Designer, Engineered Knits
The Senior Textile Designer role sits within the Concept Design. Our goal is to elevate the Lululemon product by creating unique and original artworks. Our team will drive excellence in textiles through the connection of design, development and merchandising.
a day in the life
- With the mentorship of the Design Director create innovative textures and artworks
- For Engineered knits and Seamless garments across Men’s, Women’s and Accessories
- Work closely with the design team to understand silhouette and how artwork can map the body
- Great understanding of material development, garment construction and seamless knitting technology
- Create and collate research based on trend and market insight
- Work cross functionally with the merchandising team to understand commercial needs
- 6-8 Years industry experience
- BA, BFA or BS in Textile design or similar
- Experience in designing for seamless apparel
- Must be fluent in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Must be able to create repeat artworks
- Good Understanding of different weaving and knitting techniques, fabrics and garment construction
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.