Manager, Workforce Management | Vancouver
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2023
This role is hybrid and based in Vancouver, BC.
Who we are
Guest Support is the contact center for lululemon support in pre and post purchase interactions across a multitude of channels to meet our guests needs. Operating out of Vancouver, BC and remote employees across North America, we are a vital frontline connection with our guests. The Guest Support Workforce Management (WFM) team is responsible for determining our labor model, capacity planning, forecasting, scheduling and intraday management of our 1000+ global Guest Support teams.
About this role
The Manager, Workforce Management, is responsible for creating and executing the operational workforce strategy and process design for pre purchase, post purchase, and tier 2 teams. They are passionate about problem solving, creating structure, driving decisions through analytics, and people development. They collaborate with the Guest Support field teams to ensure we are streamlining our operations, identifying gaps, and focusing our teams to achieve our KPIs. They are an expert when it comes to workforce management software and understanding how to best leverage technology to support Guest Supports growth. They are a maverick when it comes to delegating, providing in the moment feedback, and have a vision for how we can best utilize our most important resource, our people, to support our operations. This role is critical in the day to day performance of Guest Support. Reports to Sr. Manager, Workforce Strategy & Analytics.
- Manages 4 – 7 direct reports and org of 20+ across multiple locations, who execute the day-to-day tasks of forecasting, scheduling, intraday management and workforce reporting.
- Responsible for day-to-day performance on channels, collaborating with Operation teams to hit our Service Levels and Guest Experience Metrics.
- Responsible for providing ongoing coaching, training, and feedback to direct reports.
- Responsible for assessing and managing their team including performance including coach, quarterly reviews, and performance improvement plans.
- Manages short range forecasting (3 to 6 weeks), workforce optimization, schedule design, intraday strategies and supporting systems
- Supports creation of long-range capacity plan and leveraging recent trends to determine short range directional forecast.
- Manages WFM vendor relationship, processes and system changes associated with workforce management software
- Manages outsourcing vendors and collaborates on how much capacity is managed internally vs. externally.
- Oversees Guest Support hourly timekeeping and ensures all employees timesheets are up to date weekly.
- Engages with FP&A and management to ensure hourly OPEX is within target and explain variances due to potential staffing strategies.
- Collaborates with cross functional partners and consults on staffing and forecasting impacts of strategic initiatives.
- Maintains confidentiality with sensitive data
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned
- 4 - 6 years people management experience required
- 4+ year experience in workforce management and/or related field in a call center environment required
- Post-secondary education required
- Strategic problem solver with an operational and creative mindset
- Enjoys working with data and transforming numbers into actionable insights.
- Makes data-driven decisions.
- Highly motivated entrepreneur who takes calculated risks.
- Able to lead others and create strong working relationships within a remote team
- Curious –likes to dig for information and know how things work.
- Ability to work well as a member on cross-functional teams and hold others accountable.
- Ability to maintain composure during difficult or high-pressure situations.
- Able to see trends through transferable knowledge and communicate them effectively.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, and attention to detail is a must.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and strong decision-making abilities.
- Can view issues and make decisions in a non-emotional manner.
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Understands the importance of privacy as this position will deal with sensitive information.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and advanced Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of Verint, Microsoft Dynamics, and Five9 preferred.
- Thrives in a rapidly evolving, ambiguous workplace.
- Driven and loves to tackle new challenges.
- Coachable, adaptable, and open to constant changes.
- Responsible and dependable with utmost integrity.
- Friendly, upbeat, optimistic, and authentic.