Warehouse Operations Manager (6 Month Contract)
Delta, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team
Our Global Distribution teams are part of our greater lululemon Supply Chain organization. This team supports lululemon’s overall purpose by ensuring we are fulfilling our products to our guests through our various channels including our retail stores and ecommerce.
a day in the life
- Directs and oversees an assigned department within the facility.
- Responsible for managing the operational performance results of their assigned department.
- Provides support to the Senior Operations Manager and/or General Manager in creating and implementing department operating and strategic plans and driving continuous improvements.
- Responsible for all aspects of talent management for their salaried and hourly direct reports and their results including hiring, training, annual review process, performance management, development and coaching, engagement, off boarding and rewards and recognition.
- Responsible for partnering with Health and Safety, Asset Protection and People and Culture on employee concerns within their department that require escalation.
- Responsible for leading weekly and monthly labor and workforce planning for their department.
- Responsible for ensuring their department has the right supply levels at the right time.
- Responsible for effective communication flow to their supervisors and department.
- Responsible for effective collaboration with all support teams-Health and Safety, Asset Protection, People and Culture, Engineering, IT, Logistics, Network Strategy, Quality, Logistics, Labor Planning, etc.
- Responsible for large scope strategic initiatives and projects within their respective department.
- Approves termination decision of hourly employees and takes appropriate partnership with People and Culture.
- Supports with driving health and safety and labor compliance of the building and ensuring compliance within their department.
- Supports with driving results of overall employee engagement of the building and ensuring engagement is high within their department.
- Supports with 3PL relationship management if applicable.
- Provides insight and support to site Leader with AOP (Annual Operation Planning) planning for department.
- Responsible for partnering with DC Workforce Administrators on verifying and approving timekeeping for hourly direct reports including attendance tracking.
- Supports with delivering on DC budget targets for their department.
- Champions and leads through lululemon’s IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Action) initiatives and values.
- 8-10 years of leadership experience in a Distribution Center or similar environment-preferably in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- 5 years of direct people management experience of hourly employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations or relevant on the job years of experience.
- Experience using automation or MHE (material handling equipment).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with a Warehouse Management System and Labor Management System.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the team and business partners both written and verbally.
- Proven experience leading and implementing process improvements.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple high priority tasks.
- Ability to travel 1-3 times per year.
- Ability to meet scheduling needs which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs frequently.
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment.
- Flexible and adaptable with schedule which could include nights, working required holidays, weekends with occasional after-hours requirements and overtime.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. In addition to our competitive Total Rewards offering, we also have personal and professional development offerings. Our offerings recognize our teams for their performance and support whole person development, including support for employees on how to grow their career:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: Availability of the incentive programs, benefits, and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.