Retail Solution Architect- Senior Architect I
Retail Solution Architect- Sr. Architect I
(Hybrid on-site 3 days a week)
Who we are?
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team:
This role is part of the technology leadership team accountable for the strategy and delivery of Retail Technology Operations.
Our team is fast-paced and taking on exciting new initiatives to support a fast-growing business. Global Technology Support & Operations focuses on all things technology within our business including hardware, software, and monitoring and alerting on systems. We love strategic, resourceful, and innovative people that excel at communication, IT (Information Technology) and operations.
A day in the life:
The Senior Architect, Retail Operations is responsible for the vision and overall design of devices, tools, and processes that support our global ecosystem of Hardware delivery in Retail locations. They design and develop detailed architecture solutions and design artifacts (including, but not limited to logical, conceptual, and integration diagrams), for a strategically significant set of Retail Hardware technology components. This role is dedicated to lines of Ops Delivery and Capabilities that is supported by 10-15MM in annualize capital investment.
This role will need to work in a collaborative and supportive manner with many cross-functional teams, as well as develop, maintain, and evolve our processes and strategic design around driving efficiency in our Retail Technology Hardware stack through operations best practices. The discovery and work this role provides will span multiple quarters, and incorporates support multiple team’s engineering best practices as it pertains to Technology Operations excellence.
Main partners for this role are our Architecture Community of Practice members, Senior/Principal Architects in other areas/domains, Operations Product Leadership, and other members of engineering and architecture leadership.
This role will also have key inputs to areas that enable the above teams, inclusive of accuracy within technical documentation, aligning on key KB platforms such as ServiceNow and Confluence, as well as adhering to our Enterprise delivery platforms for delivery such as JIRA. They are also responsible for the key capabilities within Technology Operations in our capability platform LeanIX.
- Provides high quality, reliable, scalable, and secure architecture solutions that meet SLAs for availability, resiliency and performance
- Create and maintain the current state and future state of the responsible capabilities and related systems, analyze the gaps between the states and create a roadmap to achieve the future state.
- Actively seeks knowledge and organizational context and promotes and applies repeatable patterns to architecture solutions
- In partnership with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Product Owners, Engineers, and other Architects, plays an architecture leadership role in defining project requirements and success criteria, along with guiding the design throughout the development lifecycle
- Product and presents solutions to project leadership with clear definitions of the benefits and tradeoffs of each proposal
- Participates and presents at Architecture Design Reviews
- Actively seeks knowledge and organization context and applies learnings to architecture solutions
- Evaluates, documents, and escalates alterations to the future state architecture
- BS/BA in technology-related discipline or relevant industry experience
- Minimum 5 years of real-world experience developing, deploying, scaling and maintaining software systems.
- 3+ years of retail software/hardware roll out
- Experience with large scale hardware and device roll outs (laptops, ipads, RFID, payment terminals)
- Experience with AWS, IOS devices, Windows laptops
- Experience in architecture and implementation knowledge of enterprise-scale logging monitoring, alerting, metrics, and observability.
- Retail Industry/Domain functional/processes knowledge
- Advanced experience and knowledge of IT operations, including observability, monitoring/alerting, security, virtualization, identity, DR/BC, budgeting, and governance
Our “must haves”:
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Proven work ethic with the utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed.
- Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal –oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self-motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!