Engineer II - Martech Data, Platforms and Integration (Hybrid) Vancouver
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team
The Digital Marketing & Brand Technology team is leading the transformation of lululemon digital technology. Our team is fast-paced and taking on exciting new initiatives to support a fast-growing business. We strive to adopt leading-edge technology and seek to improve on the solutions continuously. We aren’t afraid to try new things, have fun, and encourage each other to take on new challenges. We support each other in growing professionally and personally. We fail forward and learn from our mistakes, thus creating a better path ahead. We create space for team members to share feedback and ideas that can help us continually grow as an organization. As an Engineer II, you will bring a high level of technical knowledge, but also an ability to spread knowledge to your co-workers. You will help form the core of our engineering practice at lululemon by contributing to all areas of development and operations (pre-production to production). You will be an example of what good engineering looks like and help others around you refine their skills. You will be part of a day-to-day production release team and may perform on-call support functions as needed. Having a DevOps mindset is the key to success in this role, as Engineers are commonly part of full DevOps teams that “own” all parts of software development, release pipelines, production monitoring, security and support.
a day in the life:
- Understands and manages key components of a system (operating systems, middleware, frameworks, libraries, services, packages).
- Manages full life-cycle support, analysis and configuration, develops and maintains information systems, technologies and processes that manage businesses information assets.
- Monitors effective use and takes steps to improve performance (e.g., automation) to deliver reliable, sustainable and secure services.
- Plans configuration management. Ensures efficient and accurate operations/services so that systems meet the requirements of respective application domains.
- Partner with Domain Architects, Technology Managers and Business Analysts to ensure solutions are aligned to stakeholder expectations
- Support business and digital planning teams to develop high-level options and estimates and backlog prioritization.
- Participates in Agile ceremonies with the scrum team.
- Participate in conversations regarding technical debt with other software engineers to ensure this is accounted for in requirements to deliver stated feature
- Responsible to make sure that solution designs are aligned to the guidelines/principles set by architecture/engineering community.
- Engaged in and aware of industry trends and best practices
- Define/own technical solutions on the roadmap and ensure alignment with Domain Architects and other stakeholders
- Ensures that solutions are designed for ease of operations and requiring minimal to none manual intervention.
- Participate in DevOps and Root cause analysis so that future solutions can be refined based on production feedback
- Develops relationships and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders across regions (NA, EMEA, APAC, China) and cross functional teams to ensure solutions meet timelines and business objectives
- Minimum 5 years of real-world experience developing, deploying, scaling and maintaining software applications. A good portion of this experience should come from developing software solutions in and around cloud-based services and/or service-oriented architectures
- 3+ years experience in React.js, Next.js, GraphQL, and/or micro frontends
- 3+ years experience in building/integrating with any web analytics software
- 2+ years experience in managing software libraries for internal/open source community
- Proven track record and experience working in a global company with remote technology teams across different time zones (NAM, APAC & EMEA)
- Experience integrating web frontends with complex multi-tier applications
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. In addition to our competitive Total Rewards offering, we also have personal and professional development offerings. Our offerings recognize our teams for their performance and support whole person development, including support for employees on how to grow their career:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: Availability of the incentive programs, benefits, and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.