Senior Manager, Compensation Programs - 13 months contract | Remote Canada
For external applicants/postings: Please note: if we receive a large volume of applications, we may need to close this posting early and ahead of the closing date; therefore, we recommend applying early.
Senior Manager, Compensation Programs
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this role
Reporting to the Senior Director of Health & Wealth, the Senior Manager, Compensation Programs role has responsibility for lululemon's pay transparency program, global internal job hierarchy and job levelling program, as well as accountability for understanding how different orgs interact with and understand our compensation programs. This role will help to maintain the consistency and integrity of job levelling as well as lead the evolution needed around the education of people managers on the levelling program and our compensation programs. This role also partners with the Organizational Design team to be aware of what org design shifts are occurring and to give feedback from how it would impact levelling.
a day in the life
- Lead and develop a team of compensation professionals who will support in the work and project/program manage initiatives.
- Initiatives currently held by this role are job architecture management, pay transparency and job levelling.
- Responsible for the management of job levelling program – ensuring it maintains integrity, consistency and accuracy.
- Key partner to peers in compensation to understand what is needed from an education and understanding perspective, across employee groups.
- Partner with the P&C Business Partners on any job levelling education needed by specific teams.
- Maintain relationship with cross-functional partners in comms, P&C, talent acquisition, learning & leadership and legal.
- Responsible for holding the global pay transparency roadmap
- Responsible for partnering with learning & leadership in development of materials for education sessions and workshops.
- Job architecture management:
- Responsible for partnership with P&C Digital team, and technology team, to drive forward job architecture work.
- Compensation representative in broader workstreams that impact job architecture and the creation of the job catalogue.
- 10-12 years of experience in Compensation and Human Resources.
- 2-3 years of experience leading and coaching a team
- Strong project management capabilities to develop and implement cross functional initiatives.
- Ability to build relationships with P&C partners and cross-functional partners.
- Experience influencing through relationship and utilizing resources not directly reporting in.
- Workday experience preferable.
- Experience in providing consultation to managers, people professionals, employees, and/or business partners.
- Highly ethical and able to deal with confidential issues with tact, discretion & confidentiality.
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Lives in possibility and sees opportunities to grow as an individual and develop those around them.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.