Compensation Manager - Guest Education Centre
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
About this role
As the GEC Compensation Manager at lululemon, you will report to the Senior Director, Health & Wealth and partner with the P&C Business Partners as well as with the business leaders.
This role is the key compensation partner to lululemon’s Guest Education Centre and is responsible for supporting the GEC in all compensation work, from base pay building, incentive design, to the strategic outlook on how compensation can support the GEC’s growth and goals. This role partners closely with P&C partners, cross-functional teams such as FP&A, Workforce planning and GEC leadership to administer, evolve and operationalize compensation programs.
Working with the team, you'll take on interesting projects, while demonstrating your entrepreneurial drive and ability to thrive in a growth environment.
A day in the life
- Responsible for ensuring compensation programs are running smoothly for the GEC.
- Partner with P&C Business Partners to proactively support their business groups with compensation queries, processes, and ensuring competitive market positioning.
- Conduct benchmarking/market and best practice research & survey analysis to evaluate compensation competitiveness, monitor market trends, interpret results, and make recommendations based on results of compensation surveys for base salary and overall pay.
- Participate in and lead annual processes such as salary range building, salary planning, bonus planning, salary surveys, and market reference evaluations for employee population this role supports.
- Lead any incentive plan design with P&C Business partners and the business – this involves discovery, analysis and consultation to understand what behavior's the incentive is driving and ensuring ease of operationalization.
- Work with teams & leadership across lululemon to design and implement a compensation program that is innovative and cutting edge.
- Work with Business Partners and leaders to job level roles in the organization
- Proactively brings market intelligence to the decisions we make to ensure our compensation.
- Opportunities to support and lead broad compensation projects that come up throughout the organization.
- 8-10 years of experience in compensation, ideally in a multinational environment.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field. (e.g., finance, HR)
- Exposure to HRIS back-end with a curiosity on how the back-end data comes together.
- Experience with WorkDay, Microsoft Excel and other Office software.
- Detail-oriented and committed to a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
- High level of discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness while creating the space for others to do the same.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle.
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement. (goal –oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature.
- Self-motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable.