Building Operator (Emerging Talent) Onsite, Vancouver
People & HR
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team:
Reporting directly to the SSC Facilities Manager, the Building Operator is responsible for the natural flow and efficiency of office facilities at lululemon. This role involves managing day-to-day maintenance operations, managing multiple projects, delivering clear communications to staff and vendors and comprehending how the SSC functions as a whole.
- Ongoing day-to-day operation and maintenance of all building systems; including but not limited to electrical, mechanical, conveyor system, life safety, security, miscellaneous equipment, building systems, minor repair work, general maintenance, daily inspections, grounds and landscape maintenance.
- Monitor performance of contracts (e.g. mechanical, electrical, janitorial, security, landscaping, etc.) and work directly with contractors on day-to-day tasks.
- Build and maintain a comprehensive maintenance work order program for office equipment.
- Complete minor maintenance and repairs as required; including but not limited to belt & filter replacement, lamp replacement, housekeeping of common areas, washroom and plumbing repair work
- Respond and attend to after-hour calls and/or emergencies.
- Ensure compliance with any and all applicable government regulations.
- Ordering, assembly, and moving of furniture around and between offices
- Maintain general upkeep of shared spaces; including but not limited to loading bays, storage rooms, and common areas.
- Create and maintain processes and procedures documents pertaining to building operations.
- Interact cross-functionally with all internal departments and support core lululemon teams with events.
- Undertake special assignments and projects on behalf of Facilities management when needed.
- Minimum 3-5 years in general maintenance and operations in a commercial office/warehouse environment
- Education: 4th class power engineering certificate, trades qualification in Electrical, HVAC, or years of experience
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
- Outstanding customer service, organizational and time management skills
- Extraordinary team player and ability to work independently
- Commitment to diversity
- Knowledge of BC building code and regulations, Canadian electrical code, and BC fire code
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and climb ladders.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.