Manager, Guest Support Program Management | Vancouver
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
This role is hybrid and based in Vancouver, BC and immigration support is potentially eligible for this role.
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team
The Guest Support Program Management team sits under Operations & Strategic Planning within the Guest Support Organization (GSO). This team creates and executes on key programs within the GSO to help achieve business goals across our pre-purchase and post-purchase work streams. This team will work closely with partners across the Store Support Centre (SSC), like Technology and People & Culture, to bring programs to life.
a day in the life: what you’ll do
- Manages and directs the work of program and project managers, and provides managerial oversight for multiple projects. Monitors project scope, costs, schedules, staffing, communications, outside vendors, and contractual deliverables.
- Strategically partners with leaders of the Digital & Omni PMO to determine ways of working, standardize tools and project management methodologies, and to ensure initiative prioritization and roadmaps are aligned
- Partners with leaders within Guest Support and across key cross-functional teams within lululemon to strategize and align on key initiatives for each fiscal year
- Partners with Workforce Management to manage SI budgets and ensure requests are made through AOP process
- Leads team to ensure that all initiatives/projects are on time and on budget
- Partners with Change Management function to ensure that change strategies are embedded within program and project management structure
- Leads the intake, prioritization, and capacity planning process for Guest Support initiatives and projects
- Partners closely with the Guest Support Operations function to ensure a process for handing off programs and projects once they reach the ‘sustain’ phase of the project lifecycle
- Partners closely with Product Management leadership to ensure that program and product priorities are aligned and continue on track/on budget
- Identifies the need for new program management scope within Guest Support and creates business cases as required
- Actively contributes to an inclusive work environment through IDEA (DEI) initiatives and priorities.
- Under the direction of your leader, completes additional projects and duties as required
- 5+ years of relevant program management and leadership experience, preferably in a vertically integrated, global, specialty retail environment
- Experience working with systems and/or with technical teams seen as an asset.
- Experience in ecommerce support operations and or other relevant field in bringing strategies to life across channels.
- Demonstrated experience in partnership with peers including the ability to lead indirectly and influence without reporting lines.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, mitigate, and resolve conflicts across working groups.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and operating under tight time constraints with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution, and customer relationship management.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, negotiation and presentation. Must be able to communicate technical and project management concepts in business-oriented terms.
- Experience in business case development, for simple and complex projects with varying levels of ROI and direct / indirect business benefit.
- Actively contributes to an inclusive work environment through IDEA initiatives and priorities.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.