Pattern Engineer | Men's
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Product Development team is responsible for the management of multiple product track development projects at all stages from initial concepting, through design, development and up to start of production. As part of this team, we are comprised of Pattern Engineers, Technical Developers, and Product Managers. This team assists in the creation and commercialization of premium performance product ensuring it is performing for the intended end-use through garment fit and construction, and is meeting the required quality standards through lab and wear-testing in accordance with lululemon business goals.
They are strong communicators who value and develop their cross functional relationships. This is a team of high performers who are constantly striving to develop personally and professionally, practicing open feedback in a trusting space. This team knows how to bring fun into their everyday, prioritizing team connection and enjoying creative sessions together.
A day in the life
- Driven by the technical aspect of the product creation process
- Attention to detail, initiative, organization, strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & competing priorities
- Comprehensive knowledge of fabric, construction, draping, graphic & dye techniques
- Skilled at technical communication with vendors via pattern diagrams & fit photos
- Expert knowledge of Pattern Grading
- Comprehension of end to end product life cycle
- Self-motivated, strong sense of urgency, collaborative mindset
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced, cross functional team environment
- Excellent time management, organizational & problem-solving skills
- Curiosity for change & learning, capable of managing ambiguity
- Participate in fit sessions for all products as required