Lead Architect - Product Technology (MDM, Data & Analytics, Pricing)
IT, Product, Data Science
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team
We are looking for a self-motivated Lead Architect that has experience working with Merchandising Product, Planning, Pricing data that will lead data and integration design for the Product Data Foundations (PDF) team. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with multiple technical and business teams & designing our MDM, data warehouse , integration solutions, Merchandising biz applications that best support our organization.
a day in the life
You will be viewed as a strong technical leader with data architecture and engineering skills. Your background will include a proven track record of leading and scaling data engineering projects, strong communication and collaborative skills, significant track record of product ownership, and a strong vision for how data can inform business strategy.
- Provide input and thought leadership on the use of shared models, re-usable architecture and implementation implications
- Creation of Technical Specifications, Design Documents, and Data Mapping - keeping in mind the best practices and principles of integration design and architecture
- Work with cross-functional teams to help define master data management governance rules within a data mesh enterprise environment
- Provide high level T-shirt estimates to support project costing
- Create and maintain detailed solution design for the approved projects and initiatives in PDF team
- Recognize and adopt best practices in developing analytical insights including data integrity, analysis, test design, validation, and documentation
- Proactively promotes data quality and security through recommended approaches and practices
- Be instrumental in identifying direction of technology skill set required for Lululemon, ultimately influencing the hiring of exceptionally talented team of engineers
- Lead Capacity Planning and Management activities to ensure that Data & Integrations will be able to scale with the growing business
- Provide strong technical leadership and mentor our team of Data Engineers
- Solution/system Design of System architecture and roadmap.
- Utilize architecture best practices and standards in design and build.
- Design and document re-usable and scalable frameworks and components.
- Coordinate & collaborate with counterparts in other departments to ensure technology solutions are built for the enterprise.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Domain Architects and Lead Engineer to bring projects from concept to implementation.
- Serves as primary technical solution design architect for one or more teams and their systems and integrations.
- Serves as primary decision escalation resource for addressing architecture and integration issues affecting their team.
- Continuously drive improvements in areas like performance, security, automation, quality, monitoring, and reliability of platforms.
- Develops and maintains current and future-state architecture models and ensures all documentation is kept up to date.
- Keeps up with industry best practices, technologies, architectures, trends, emerging technologies and develop proof of concept projects to validate innovative ideas.
- Hand-on knowledge and through understanding of Merchandising retail data model (like oracle RMS, like Oracle RPAS, Oracle RPM)
- Nice to have experience on Snowflake (Warehouse, Streams, Task, Data Shares etc.)
- 10+ years of software engineering experience in Merchandising solutions technical role, MDM, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, and 3+ years in a lead role
- 3+ years of experience building solutions on AWS working with COTS packages
- 7+ years retail experience
- Preferred experience in Oracle integration tools like Oracle Data Integrator & Oracle Golden Gate
- Technical understanding of data model, data mapping, and data integration with a cross-functional mindset
- Demonstrated expertise with message brokers such as Kafka
- Knowledge of containerization tooling such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Demonstrated expertise with delivering end-to-end data products to business stakeholders (from source integration to reporting roll-out)
- Strong experience with merch/planning retail data model and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices including multi-dimensional modelling (star schemas, snowflakes, de-normalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions)
- Good understanding and experience of real-time analytics, data stores, data modelling, data management, analytic tools, and languages
- Extensive data analysis skills with strengths in drilling into underlying databases for discovery and troubleshooting
- Experience in working in Agile teams and working independently with Business stakeholders providing solutions and regular updates
- Team player, motivated to learn new technologies, and able to grasp concepts and technologies quickly with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to build pilot solutions and proof-of-concepts with minimal direction
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously
Potential immigration support available for this role.