Staff Engineer (Salesforce)- Guest Education Center
Staff Engineer- Salesforce.com
Description & Requirements
Must be open to relocation to Seattle or Vancouver
Who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About This Team
lululemon GEC (Guest Education Center) Technology Team is dedicated to building secure, reliable, and performant products for our guests and GEC Educators. We embrace the philosophies of Agile, DevOps, and SRE to accelerate our development process and provide the most enjoyable, inclusive, and supportive work environment possible. We believe our journey is more fun when it is collaborative, as we focus on the future instead of the past. As a Staff Engineer, you will work as part of a global team supported by our business and architecture partners to help us collaboratively develop and deliver industry leading technology solutions that drive lululemon’s business goals.
A Day In The Life
As a Salesforce Staff Engineer in GEC Technology, you will work as the technical leader within the GEC Technology space, leading foundational work that will be leveraged by multiple teams, multiple engineers, and helping craft our future roadmap and technical strategy using Salesforce CRM. You will be counted on as a leader in your technology space, as you contribute to all areas of development and operations (pre-production to production). As a Staff Engineer, you will dedicate a fair amount of time to architecture on our CRM codebase, tech debt backlog strategies, and defining implementation patterns that will help our engineers develop features on their roadmaps. You will work very closely with Salesforce Engineers acting as a mentor and lead to them. You will help elevate their technical skills, executing code reviews, and improving the overall code quality of submitted code. You will evangelize and train Engineers on development patterns, and enforce a consistent implementation strategy across all teams of our GEC Technology space. You will be considered the technical owner of the production system(s) you work on and focus on how your product(s) are delivered and how to optimize them for efficiency, security and reliability.
- Act as a mentor, team lead, and escalation point to our GEC Technology engineering team
- Create a technical roadmap to ensure we’re using the latest and greatest technologies
- Hold engineers accountable for following lululemon architectural and development standards
- Accountable for the codebases for our GEC Technology team by owning the tech debt roadmap, and training for other Engineers
- Define standards, implementation patterns, and be involved in Salesforce architecture in partnership with our stakeholder teams
- Participate in code reviews, and code owner activities
- Conduct research to aid in product development and tools selection
- Act as an escalation point for production emergencies
- Facilitate an Engineering Community of Practice for your product(s)
- Contribute to engineering automation, management or development of production level systems
- Own reliability for a defined set of production systems
- Help define the tech debt roadmap
- 5+ years of software application senior level development
- 3+ years of salesforce.com implementation, preferably in a call center environment
- Salesforce.com (SFDC) Lightning experience with configurations and APEX development, with strong
- Hands on with customization, APEX, Visualforce pages/Lightning pages, Lightning Web Components, Data loaders, SOQL, SOSL, Flows.
- Experience in working with Apex Scheduling, Batch processes, Apex Class controllers and Triggers with Governor Limits.
- Hands on Code Optimizations, Knowledge of Apex Data Loader and Salesforce DX.
- Build integrations between Salesforce and external applications using REST, SOAP APIs, Kafka, oAuth and Single Sign-On.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with other applications using APIs from the AppExchange
- Experience developing in Java and Web Services Development (Micro services ).
- Strong understanding of Salesforce security model including sharing rules, roles, profiles, sharing settings, etc.
- Experience using versioning control/continuous integrations tools such as GitLab.
- Create/modify existing controllers, controller extensions, and triggers across all platforms.
- Salesforce.com (SFDC) Lightning experience with configurations and APEX development, with strong knowledge of Salesforce.com architecture frameworks, best practices, and business processes.
- Configuration changes ( Flows, validation rules, approval processes, custom settings, custom objects, custom fields, dashboards and reports, ..)
- Environment management ( Sandbox, Production )
• Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II (PD II)
• Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I (PD I)
• Service Cloud Certified Consultant
• Sales Cloud Certified Consultant
• Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer
• Salesforce Certified Admin
• Salesforce Platform App Builder
Compensation And Benefits Package
For Washington Applicants: lululemon’s compensation offerings are rooted in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position in Washington is from $154,600-$202,900 annually ; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our competitive Total Rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. In addition to our competitive Total Rewards offering, we also have personal and professional development offerings. Our offerings recognize our teams for their performance and support whole person development, including support for employees on how to grow their career:
Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
Paid time off
Savings and retirement plan matching
Generous employee discount
Fitness & yoga classes
Extensive catalog of development course offerings
People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: Availability of the incentive programs, benefits, and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
Immigration support may be eligible for this role.