Manager, Enterprise Business Transformation (Hybrid, Vancouver)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team:
The Enterprise Business Transformation (EBT) team is lululemon's transformation office that exists to make sure lululemon’s strategy comes to life. We are a diverse team of internal advisors, facilitators, designers, and momentum-drivers who work across all lululemon’s functions and geographies. We focus on developing trusted partnerships and a deep understanding of lululemon’s operations to identify and prioritize opportunities to support operating model and process transformation, enterprise investment planning, and cross-functional program delivery – all in service of bringing lululemon’s strategy to life.
Our work makes a huge, scalable impact – both for the performance of our business and for our fellow employees’ lives. The most important factor in our ability to make that impact is finding talented, versatile, and motivated people like you who are eager to learn and grow and contribute to making real and lasting change for lululemon and its community.
a day in the life:
The Manager, Enterprise Business Transformation will work with senior leaders across the business to deliver lululemon’s growth and transformation agenda. This integrator role will particularly focus on facilitating consistency and integration between transformation programs and regions, working on the integration between business architecture and enabling partners, and when required, leading operating model transformation workstreams. This EBT Manager will be a skilled business architect and facilitator, working with and through other business transformation teams and technology leaders to achieve their mandate. Each day will look different in your project-based role, including activities like: clarifying strategic questions, designing new collaborative ways of working, facilitating executive workshops, and working across transformation programs and regions.
This role is a rare career opportunity, with access to exciting projects typically delivered by external consulting firms, but with the benefit of relationships, visibility, time, and flexibility to see the transformation through and make sure the change sticks. Join our seasoned, fast paced, and growing team to build your business transformation skills while having some fun along the way!
- Facilitate the development of new ways of working with other enabling partners (e.g., Technology, P&C) function including defining the use of enterprise capability models.
- Work with business transformation program teams to ensure consistency with our enterprise operating model vision and identify cross-program and regional dependencies/conflicts.
- Ensure unique regional nuances and requirements are captured within transformation programs.
- As required, develop regional oriented summary views from our enterprise operating model deliverables for regional team discussion and alignment.
- Act as an internal advisor to facilitate directors and senior executives through problem definition, options analysis, and solution design.
- Manage complex work activities and coordinate cross-functional teams across big transformation programs.
- Build trusted relationships at many levels of the organization to provide clarity and garner buy-in for ongoing initiatives.
- Collaborate with other teams involved in business transformation programs – including change management, communications, learning/training, org design, etc. to plan and deliver against transformation objectives on-time and on-budget.
- As required, conduct and/or guide detailed operational process mapping and capability modelling and maturity assessment.
- Functional vision & strategy and subject matter expertise from cross-functional partners
- Enterprise operating model vision, principles, and architecture.
- Guidance/coaching from EBT leaders on business transformation theories and approaches.
- Coordinated approach to enterprise operating model governance and dependency management.
- New ways of working with enabling partners (e.g., Technology, P&C)
- As required, enterprise operating model designs and deliverables, regional summary views, and enterprise investment planning deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, operations, engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, implementing corporate strategies and/or large-scale operating model transformation programs (or equivalent experience)
- Experience working in and across multiple in-flight operating model transformation programs ideally within a global retail organization.
- Self-motivated, passionate, detail-oriented, multi-tasker extraordinaire who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and root cause identification skills.
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written, and verbal.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn on the job and a 'growth mindset'.
- Ability to influence and partner with others – a strong team player.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with different transformation teams, departments and at different levels within an organization.
- Works well in a fast-paced, project-based, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrates discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.