Manager, Innovation Management
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Raw Materials Innovation team shapes, surprises and engineers delight into the future guest experience through raw materials innovation principles and material science. We go beyond the classic research and development methodologies into the realm of limitless possibility for both body and mind. We innovate new materials that didn't exist, we create new experiences for our guests that they didn't know that they wanted it. We get our guests altogether and engineer new sensations in our materials they've never experienced. We need you to work on short, mid and long-term projects by defining 'state of the art', leading research, building insight, generating unique point of view, creating prototypes and proving principles.
A day in the life:
Job Summary: Manager, Raw Materials Innovation Management will be responsible for managing the end-to-end process of materials innovation, from ideation to commercialization. The Manager, Raw Materials Innovation Management will oversee the daily operations of the materials innovation team, ensuring seamless communication and collaboration across cross-functional teams.
- Build and maintain the RMI (Research, Materials, and Innovation) process and architecture, ensuring continuous improvement and alignment with the company's strategic goals.
- Track and manage the annual budget for materials innovation, liaising with the strategy team to forecast budgets for future years.
- Collaborate with the FP&A team to monitor current budget and expenses and identify areas for cost optimization.
- Create and support the team on presentations to communicate progress and results to key stakeholders.
- Work with external consulting firms to file SRED (Scientific Research and Experimental Development) tax claims and maximize tax benefits for the company's materials innovation projects.
- Liaise with the Legal team to ensure compliance with documentation needs for materials innovation projects.
- Develop and implement project management templates to streamline the materials innovation process and ensure consistent execution across projects.
- Facilitate the handover of projects between the materials innovation team and other functional teams, ensuring a smooth transition and successful integration of new materials into the company's product portfolio.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in project management, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in materials innovation, materials engineering, or a related field, with experience in project management and budgeting.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and address complex issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong understanding of relevant regulations and industry standards related to materials innovation.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Job responsibility and passion to grow and support teamwork.
- Capable of capturing projects in the presentation form.
- Interest in learning and adapt to process and systems by training and understanding.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn't take themselves too seriously.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.