Senior Systems Analyst - Global Product Technology
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2023
Who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
This role is in the Global Product team in the lululemon technology organization. This team is responsible for engineering and deploying solutions for our backend business applications that support lululemon core Product concept, design/development, Planning, Merchandising, Master Data Management, Analytics & Data science to ultimately enhance our educator and guest experience by placing the right product in the right location at the right time.
A day in the life:
The ideal candidate will have a history of demonstrated results leading mid-size to large cross-functional Data Analytics and Big Data (Snowflake/Databricks) teams to deliver business values across matrixed organizations. They must thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity, create and simplify processes, and simultaneously support multiple projects impacting a growing global organization. This role requires excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work closely with internal technical teams as well as different facets of the lululemon enterprise.
- Analyze technology systems and related processes to identify and design improvements.
- Coordinate with engineering/systems team to develop the most cost-effective solution on complex, high-impact efforts.
- Assemble resources and key decision makers from across the organization to deliver defined scope of work and support through go-live.
- Understand business needs around Planning & demand forecasting and translate to functional and technical requirements.
- Understand end-user interfaces and actions, and how a forecast supports those actions.
- Defines minimum feature set, acceptance criteria, user acceptance tests.
- Engages in design and impact assessments
- Performs configuration of application components
- 5+ years in technology with recent experience in Big Data (Snowflake, Databricks or both)
- 5+ years of agile and scrum team experience.
- 3+ years of retail industry experience with Data Analytics and reporting systems.
- Experience with Power BI nice to have.
- Experience with Self-Serve Analytics nice to have.
- Proficient at requirement gathering, managing ambiguity, and driving a project from inception to delivery.
- Adept at interpreting Business requirements into technical requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong cloud technology background: AWS preferred.
- Strong communication skills: both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of SQL scripts for analysis and reporting (Oracle /SQL server)
- Experience in agile/enterprise tools such as Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow, Zoom, MS Teams.
- Preferred Scrum certification: SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) is nice to have.
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
Immigration support is potentially available for this role.