Senior Fullstack Software Engineer II (Frontend Focus) - International Digital Commerce
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, July 8, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
This role is in the Digital International eCommerce team in the lululemon technology organization. This team is responsible for engineering and deploying technology solutions for EMEA and APAC e-commerce platforms, services to enhance our guest experience.
A day in the life
This role will focus on supporting the development and implementation MACH architecture which will be a key tool used for new market expansion. You will work closely with onshore/offshore teams and play a central role in ensuring code quality and engineering practices.
- Build and extend web applications in a cloud environment.
- Ensure that customer-facing applications are designed to be highly available, observable, and durable via software engineering best practices.
- Work with Product and Project Owners to understand end-user requirements, formulate user stories and then translate those into pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Work closely with onsite and remote frontend, backend, and operations engineers to ensure deliverables are well-documented, secure, and resilient.
- Experience leading and managing offshore and or 3rd party team resources.
- 5+ years’ experience in React/Vue/Next JS and Java/SpringBoot
- Overall 8+ years of Software development experience including a Minimum 3-4 years of real-world experience developing, deploying, and scaling using MACH
- Knowledge in cloud-based services and/or service-oriented architectures
- API lead development experience using AWS services and Kafka
- Experience with unit testing frameworks.
- Experience with data management strategies in browser environments.
- Strong software development fundamentals including automated testing, source control (Git), and continuous integration in addition to continuous delivery and/or deployment. Experience
- integrating web front-ends with complex multi-tier applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong willingness to learn and teach. A passion for solving problems and a desire to understand how things work.
- Ability to help troubleshoot and resolve production system issues.
- Ability to author well-designed, testable, efficient code. We always prefer clarity over cleverness.
- Nice to have International multi-site experience
Ecommerce Tool Experience:
- Familiar with Search indexes, Promotions, Catalogs, Site Preferences etc. under merchant tools and admin tools
- Jobs Framework knowledge to work with modules like Orders, Customers, Product, Inventory, Price books.
- Experience in developing multi-site with localizing the storefronts using multiple locales and currencies
- Experience in third party integrations (like CyberSource, PayPal, Adyen) with hooks and using REST, SOAP
- Development experience with Feature Flags/Toggles
- Develop code to protect storefront from XSS, CORS vulnerabilities
- Experience in customizing core modules like PDP, PLP, Cart, Checkout pages, Page Designer.
- Writing unit test cases and integrations test cases in SFRA framework using mocha & chai framework.
- Build tools like Jenkins, TravisCI etc.
- Familiar with code merge and reviews
- Code & data replications and production release processes
Nice to have:
- Development experience in A/B testing
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Immigration support is potentially available for this role.