Manager - Retail Design Innovation
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
- Taking strategic direction from the Sr Director; create visual communications and fixture & experience prototypes, that represent Global Retail Design
- Develop Design Strategies outlining how the design team will create and develop deliverables that transform concepts into innovative designs and experiences
- Evaluating individual design deliverables and how they support successful actualization of ‘the brief’
- Deliver critical feedback as well as encouragement and celebration
- Through collaboration with cross-functional partners, work through the innovation process from opportunity identification, concept development, prototyping, piloting and transition to roll-out and scale of new retail design strategies and concepts
- Responsible for leading a small but nimble team to create, develop, and deliver unique concepts and innovative solutions that meet short term and long term business strategies
- Manage communication between cross-functional teams to ensure fixture & experience co-creation and collaboration meets desired outcome
- You’re a 21st century innovator with a degree in Industrial Design, Architecture, or Interior Design
- 8 minimum years experience in design related field, with a focus on 3D retail fixture design, and managing a team of creatives
- Multi-disciplinary team management experience preferred
- Innovation-mindset; creative, curious, observant, risk-taker and resilient
- Strong communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Proficient in 3D CAD software, Solidworks, Rhinoceros 3D, Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong workshop skills with abilities to use power tools, as well as specialized equipment like 3D printers, CNC routers and Laser Cutters
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing and construction means, methods and materials
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.