Legal Counsel - Vancouver
Who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well.
We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
We’re looking for you. Join us.
About this team
We are self-described "legal outliers." Our vision is to inspire and educate, provide value from beginning to end and create an environment where work enriches life, and life enriches work. We believe in "the sweat life" - sweat, relationships and personal development - and we live it every day.
We educate and collaborate in a fun and unique way, offering creative solutions to secure the future of our organization. Specifically, the Commercial function of the Legal Department provides strategic legal advice, negotiates, drafts and reviews contracts, and advises on the development of policies in support of departments across the organization, including Procurement, Sustainability, Strategic Sales, Store Development, Finance, Trade & Customs, Logistics, and Sourcing.
A day in the life
- Provide strategic support and legal advice to all levels of the business, with a special focus on wholesale, licensing, and distribution.
- Develop legal strategies and processes for lululemon’s wholesale and collegiate licensing program; manage relationships with colleges, licensing agencies, and retailers with regard to legal and compliance requirements.
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial contracts, including managing templates, renewals, and terminations.
- Provide fit-for-purpose competition/antitrust advice to business partners, enabling the organization to act in compliance with competition/antitrust law in day-to-day operations.
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization, identify applicable laws, and keep abreast of legislative changes and requirements.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Responsible Supply Chain, Finance, Insurance, Strategic Sales, and Sourcing.
- Experience in wholesale distribution and/or collegiate licensing is required.
- Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating a high volume of commercial agreements.
- Three to seven years of legal experience as a practicing lawyer (prior in-house experience preferred).
- Keen attention to detail, ability to work independently and as part of a team, and excellent organizational skills. Good judgment with an understanding of when to ask for guidance or input.
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal, research, and communication skills. Ability to evaluate risk and manage competing priorities.
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons, and not on race, colour, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.