Senior P&C Advisor
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
a day in the life:
Partner with people managers and employees to accomplish business objectives through the application of thoughtful, intentional and innovative people support.
P&C expert delivering frontline counsel and guidance in talent and performance management, employee relations, change management.
Partner with business managers to deal with various queries and resolve issues autonomously, inclusive of all P&C matters and actively manage all aspects of people related matters and to ensure a pro-active level of support is provided to the business.
- Provide effective and timely first line P&C support and counsel to employee and manager inquiries on various P&C related topics including assisting to interpret defined P&C policies and procedures.
- Support Managers through coaching performance management and improvement in order to assist in the creation/follow up of action plans around improving employee’s performance.
- Provide coaching and advice on career development, recruitment practices, succession planning, compensation and performance management, diversity & inclusion and other human resource practices.
- Provide advice in relation to involuntary separation requests from managers to ensure compliance with company culture and practices, determine legal exposure by verifying applicable legislation, and make a recommendation to leadership on how to proceed.
- Prepare and administer termination notices and related documentation around termination of employment.
- In partnership with benefits team, support Managers with accommodation request cases and follow up with internal and external partners on progression of each file including return to work planning.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify issues in the team/department and provide recommendation on action plans for improvement. Monitor and report on trends
- Manage employee pulse processes, monitor employee engagement and provide advice and recommendation on action plans to build on strengths and address areas of dis-satisfaction
- Support open to hire (operational workforce planning) and support hiring managers' to determine resourcing needs and develop necessary information to support job leveling to prepare for hiring.
- Partner with Talent acquisition and FP&A
- Partner with H&W team to determine level of the position and applicable salary range.
- Communicate job leveling outcomes and facilitate escalations as required with the H&W team.
- Support PC Managers with delivery of annual people programs including grind, bi-annual compensation review and promotion exercises and bonus programs
- Provide leadership with respect to the employee pulse survey and provide advice to managers to identify, develop and implement action plans.
- As required in partnership with people practices, lead and conduct investigations regarding violations of our company’s standards of conduct etc.
- In partnership with people practices, ensure compliance for all corporate policies & procedures, all federal & provincial laws and corporate P&C related matters are proactively researched and managed.
- Development of effective analytic reporting to communicate data to inform and support decision-making. Identify trends and assist with analysis.
- Validate and confirm that all P&C administrative forms/systems are correctly completed by managers with appropriate approvals, and regularly create and maintain employee records in Workday
- Ensure that all Workday people transactions and reporting is completed in a timely manner along with general P&C administration management in partnership with People Experiences support team.
- A minimum of 5-8 years progressive generalist experience
- broad P&C knowledge and ability to facilitate the delivery of P&C consulting services to the business
- conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and conflict management skills.
- negotiation and problem solving skills with the ability to multitask
- decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, people management and training
- knowledge of P&C functions and best practices.
- Experience managing employee records (HRIS)
- Deep understanding of Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Personal responsibility to see issues through to resolution and meticulous attention to detail.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.