Senior Architect II - Quality Engineering
Who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
lululemon Quality Engineering is dedicated to building secure, reliable, and performant products for our guests and partners. We embrace the philosophies of Agile, DevOps, and SRE to accelerate our development process and provide the most enjoyable, inclusive, and supportive work environment possible. We believe our journey is more fun when it is collaborative, as we focus on the future instead of the past.
The architecture group at lululemon is responsible for guiding the design and implementation of technical strategies that support every aspect of our rapidly scaling global business. You will work in a matrixed environment alongside peers in business, engineering, quality engineering, program, ux and strategy – among other disciplines – to collaboratively develop and deliver industry leading technology solutions aligned to business goals and objectives. In addition to your primary team, project, or portfolio you will be supported by a diverse Architecture Community of Practice, which provides learning and governance resources to all architects and will help you build a strong and robust practice of leadership grounded in technical proficiency, innovative thinking, and empathy.
A day in the life:
As a Senior Architect you support delivery teams in the development of detailed solution roadmaps for a well-defined set of capabilities or logical group of systems, services or projects, with a focus on quality engineering practices. You partner closely with engineers and project management to ensure that implementation meets design expectations. You are proactive in reaching out to architects and leaders in teams with which your technology integrates and you drive results through strong cross-functional collaboration. You serve as the organization’s subject matter expert for capabilities in your portfolio and work actively within the Architecture Community of Practice.
- In collaboration with Quality Engineering Leadership, you provide coaching, mentoring, and guidance for quality engineering practices across the entire quality engineering team and all product teams.
- In partnership with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Product Owners, Engineers, Quality Leadership, and other Architects, you provide leadership in defining project requirements and success criteria along with guiding the design throughout the development lifecycle.
- Participate and present at architecture design reviews.
- Proactively align with key stakeholders, seek organizational context and apply learnings to architecture solutions resolving complex testing challenges; be comfortable supporting and communicating with diverse technical and business teams.
- Evaluate, document, and escalate alterations to future state architectures.
- Communicates trade-offs in different types of engineering, methodologies, and architecture processes and adjust your team’s process to meet the needs of the project and others on the team.
- Contribute to the growth and strength of the architecture community of practice by actively attending and presenting at community events.
- BS / BA in technology related discipline or relevant industry experience.
- Minimum 7 years of real-world experience in software testing of all testing types, quality engineering, developing, deploying, scaling, and maintaining software systems; a majority of this experience should come from working in and around cloud-based services.
- Strong proficiency in test automation frameworks, scripting, web and/or mobile application test tools, test case management, test data management, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), and Continuous Testing.
- Relevant industry experience is preferred, with prior experience developing solutions for retail or eCommerce businesses.
- Deep hands-on experience using compute, networking, storage, and database components in one of the major cloud platforms: Amazon AWS (preferred), Microsoft Azure (preferred), GCP or Alibaba Cloud.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Immigration support is potentially available for this role.