Junior Packaging & Labelling Developer
Global Packaging and Labelling | Junior Developer
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team:
The Global Packaging and Labelling team is responsible for planning, designing, developing, testing, and producing end-to-end packaging and labels. We work in close partnership with cross-functional teams across the business and partners throughout supply chain. We meet the needs of our product, guests, markets and channels in order to achieve our strategic priorities and business goals. We ensure packaging and labelling materials are production ready and support successful product delivery.
A day in the life:
The Packaging and Labelling Development team creates end-to-end packaging and labelling solutions that meet the requirements for our global markets. In partnership with Packaging Design and Operations, the Development team collaborates with vendors, suppliers, and cross functional partners to produce packaging and labelling that complement our product assortment.
The Junior Developer is responsible for:
• Support Developers and Senior Developers with the development of packaging materials that meet design briefs and cross functional business requirements
• Responsible for the organization, flow, and tracking of packaging/labelling samples and product prototypes.
• Execute the creation, carryover, and communication of material style associations and details in FlexPLM and with cross functional partners
• Maintain data integrity in Flex PLM and other relevant systems
• Work collaboratively with the packaging and labelling developers in ensuring accuracy of labelling needs on all packaging and labelling materials
• Shadow more senior packaging/labelling developers through the ongoing support of junior development activities listed above to ensure business requirements are met; promoting a grounding in understanding of each development
· Bachelor of Design/Engineering or related discipline
· Minimum two years of design, development or related professional industry experience
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs
· Proficient with Adobe programs (Illustrator, Acrobat, InDesign)
· Working knowledge of Flex PLM or similar PLM software
· Ability to multi-task and manage various projects simultaneously
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Familiarity with packaging technical terminology
· Design thinking: ability to create solutions that meet the consumer and business need
· Problem solving skills
· Familiarity with cost analysis
• Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
• Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
• Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
• Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances.