Financial Analyst (Hybrid, Vancouver)
IT, Accounting & Finance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2023
*Please note the Financial Analyst role will be supporting different streams across the FP&A teams*
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about the FP&A team:
FP&A is responsible for planning and managing lululemon’s overall financial performance. We are an amazing team of passionate, active and dedicated leaders who are counted on as a key business partner in strategic and operational decisions. We provide a tremendous opportunity to learn about the various operations within lululemon, working often in cross-functional teams on a variety of projects. You will be able to add value immediately, see the big picture, and develop a business and finance skill set that you can leverage in your future roles within the organization. We are a stand for high quality work, driving high quality results and living a high quality life.
a day in the life:
Reporting to the Manager of FP&A, the Financial Analyst is responsible for execution of financial planning and analysis activities. As a key strategic partner, you will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, variance reporting and analysis of operating costs. You will effectively communicate results to senior leaders to enhance and enable decision making. Furthermore, you will proactively partner with the business to understand the link between operational and financial results, provide business insights and be a key financial and strategic partner.
- Key strategic partner leading the team through strategic planning, annual operating budget, and monthly reforecasts.
- Identify and investigate monthly and quarterly variances to budget and forecast, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement and potential risks.
- Prepare reports and analysis at month and quarter end to communicate financial results to FP&A and business leadership.
- Create and maintain complex financial models and dashboards to story-tell financial performance.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives and ad hoc projects to provide financial analysis for decision support.
- Support in complex revenue analysis and KPI planning to identify performance trends and leverage to identify risk/opportunity to revenue outlook.
- Scenario planning and impact to revenue.
- Project manage SG&A reporting and dashboard enhancements which includes facilitating coordination and roll out across wider FP&A team
- 3+ years of progressive finance, financial analysis, and reporting experience with fast-paced business environments.
- Retail industry experience is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, or similar.
- CPA or MBA is an asset.
- Oracle Hyperion or large financial planning software knowledge is a plus.
- Strong financial background, and expert knowledge of Excel is required.
- Strong analytical, modelling, and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and takes pride in quality.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiples task in a time sensitive manner.
- Excellent team player as well as the ability to work independently.
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal).
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.