Senior Game Designer
Why this role is made for you:
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer who has a passion for games that extends beyond being a player. You strive to understand the mechanics and psychologies behind game experiences. You will be responsible for designing and executing fun, engaging, monetizing experiences. The successful candidate will be eager to learn and grow alongside our rapidly evolving studio and games.
A Senior Game Designer’s impact:
- Develop and shape game systems and mechanics, and get buy-in from the team.
- Drive significant areas of the game design and collaborate with artists and programmers to guide the look and implementation of features
- Work with the Product Owner to identify and implement KPI-driven changes to the game via new features, new offers, and tuning of the above
- Ensure that your design deliverables and tasks are properly tracked in JIRA and completed to the level of quality set by the studio
- These tasks include, but are not limited to, character design, event design, dialogue, systems design, IAP offer design, and live operations management
- Clearly document and communicate your game features to the team
- Regularly update documentation to offer a useful work reference
- Fix design-focused bugs in data, and test your fixes
- Facilitate resolution of issues that require intervention
- Manage junior and intermediate game designers
Your track record includes:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a game design disciplines, ideally on multiple projects, including mobile and AAA releases, or equivalent experience and education
- Experience designing systems, characters, and/or economies on multiple shipped titles
- Expert spreadsheet skills
- Strong creative and editorial skills: conceptualizing, pitching, and writing
- Solid organizational and project management skills with the ability to scope and prioritize
- Liveops experience preferred
LBC was originally founded to develop the first AAA cannabis-themed F2P mobile game. Hempire was launched on April 20, 2017, and has been downloaded over 14M times! It has earned a 4.7 rating on the app and play stores. Building off of Hempire’s success, we are developing new exciting titles for the F2P mobile game market driven by our core values:
- Accountability: We communicate fearlessly, make educated decisions, and own our roles.
- Growth: We commit to growth professional, personally, and collectively.
- Honesty: We engage in open, respectful dialogue, and cultivate communities.
- Passion: We give more energy than we take. We take pride and find joy in what we do!
We cultivate the freshest interactive experiences in the mobile world. From concept to publishing, our free-to-play games are 100% home-grown, an expression of our passion, commitment to quality and driven by a purpose that will be remembered forever.
We Grow Games.
We Grow Communities.
We Grow Careers.