As the Product Owner for Registry Solutions, you will collaborate with customers and represent their voice in scrum teams in order to help the team deliver innovative, trusted expertise and reliable land-related solutions to support the economy in the public interest. This will include driving exciting customer facing and operational initiatives for LTSA’s key products in Land Titles, Land Owner Transparency Registry, Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register, Property Tax Deferment, and marketplace.
Reporting to the Product Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that communication and processes are flowing smoothly within the development team and that client needs are at the center as you help build the product roadmap. Your excellent communication skills will enable you to thrive at looking beyond the customers current needs, gathering feature requests, coordinating sprints and managing releases within a cross-functional team. The LTSA is at a pivotal point as it embarks on an exciting journey to develop the next generation of the Land Title system for BC, and the Product Owner will inform and support its future.
- Identifies new market opportunities, develops business cases including associated cost and revenue models.
- Collaborates across the product portfolio teams to build products.
- Lead a collaborative needs gathering process with customers to elicit and document business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Author high quality user stories and acceptance criteria and work with others such as Architects, UX professionals and other product team members to do the same
- Own and maintain the product backlog by building, maintaining and prioritizing the team backlog of user stories, defects and enablers with input from Architects and other stakeholders
- Review, reprioritize and communicate story details to facilitate effective sprint planning and management of dependencies between stories and teams
- Track and communicate progress on all requirements associated with releases
- Collaborate with Architects to help plan, prioritize and scope the product roadmap
- Provide ongoing guidance and support for scrum ceremonies and offer key inputs based on the performance of previous sprints and challenges experienced
- Collaborate with the team and stakeholders to facilitate team demos
- Actively participate, support, and continually improve each release through all release activities including sell off, acceptance testing and all associated formal testing
- Lead the resolution of key customer and stakeholder concerns and escalations
- Ensure that post operations activities and action items are completed including final formal test/operations, smoke testing, etc.
- Work with the Technical Lead to accept development user stories as complete based on the definition of done
- Work closely with the Release Manager and Operations to ensure release notes are created, required training is performed, and communications are supported
- A business or technical degree with 4-5 years of experience in product management
- Experience in developing business cases, driving revenue opportunities, setting up a marketplace.
- Experience with market and customer research, mapping external business processes.
- Experience with SaaS, regulated environments with high-value and high-volume transactions, agile development, and managing multiple stakeholders would be ideal
- Experience in land title systems, land management, legal conveyancing processes or real estate industry would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively translate business requirements into technical/functional requirements and launching new features into production
- Extensive understanding of the development cycle, agile frameworks, and how to manage a development sprint
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to multiple stakeholders and clients
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively translate business strategy into product strategy and develop a customer-focused roadmap to drive priorities.
- Ability to apply new technologies to drive the business innovation (AI, ML, distributed ledger, RPA, etc.).
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to present ideas in simple language.
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Extensive information technology experience preferred (such as computer science or systems engineering)
- Knowledge of business rules and data modeling
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
Please note applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
- Job Family Professional