Technical Delivery Lead
Reporting to the Director of Research & Development, the Technical Delivery Lead is responsible for overseeing the technical delivery of projects and leading a team of developers. This hands-on leadership role requires excellent technical knowledge as well as strong technical management abilities. The Technical Delivery Lead will set work breakdowns for technical teams, managing technical delivery dependencies, release plan, sprint plan, and overseeing Agile ceremonies. The Delivery Lead will work closely with project leads to provide status updates on delivery progress, trends, quality, and address any impediments.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will have proficiency in understanding system and software design principles, software development methodologies, along with a comprehensive understanding of technical dependencies among full software delivery cycle. Effective communication skills are essential in navigating a multi-team and multi-discipline environment, and a proactive approach to problem-solving is encouraged. Additionally, a successful candidate should possess a proven track record of delivering and maintaining highly available software products while also mentoring fellow software developers.
- Lead a distributed team of internal developers and external technical vendors to deliver software projects and products.
- Serve as a technical expert, providing guidance and support to the project team in the design, development, and implementation of solutions.
- Ensure efficient team structure and coordinate with Technology division and resource managers to ensure the availability and allocation of required technical resources for successful project execution.
- Coordinate and align technical objectives, schedules, and milestones across multiple teams.
- Ensure all technical deliveries follow the company's established processes, practices, and policies.
- Proactively manage technical work throughout the SDLC, considering constraints and dependencies.
- Drive good software engineering practices and discipline throughout the development process, prioritizing quality and efficiency.
- Collaborate with solution and testing teams to ensure that technical requirements are understood, and that software is developed and tested to the required standards.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance (QA) lead to ensure testing is thorough and defects are addressed in a timely manner.
- Monitor progress, velocities, and quality to provide delivery status updates related to technical execution.
- Proactively identify, assess, and mitigate technical risks, impediments, constraints and dependencies across teams.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvements in delivery processes and methodologies.
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies and coordinate with cross-functional technical teams.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years of practical experience in delivering technology solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, or equivalent
- Experience working in an agile SCRUM environment as a technical leader.
- Experience in managing a blended and distributed technical team.
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively in customer-centric and highly collaborative settings.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and analytical skills
- Experience with web technologies and design principles such as Angular, Microservices, API management, cloud native, CI/CD pipeline and AWS infrastructure preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to effectively organize and coordinate senior resources with diverse skill sets is crucial, fostering a collaborative and cooperative work environment.
- A self-starter. Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- A strong sense of responsibility and an ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Able to communicate well and work well in a cross-functional team
- Able to think strategically and to anticipate future organizational and user needs
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with various stakeholders and a wide customer base.
- Job Family Professional