Director of Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
KOHO’s purpose is to empower Canadians to build a great financial foundation with products that are radically transparent and easy to manage. We first launched in 2017, and we have since built a community of over 1 million users. Leading investors around the globe believe in our vision, and we’ve successfully raised over $320M to make our vision a reality.
The KOHO collective has grown to 250 employees to date. Discover our culture here and get the inside scoop from our team here!
KOHO’s Marketing team is looking for an experienced Director of Product Marketing to join our team as the lead for all product communications and integrated marketing. As the critical connection between Product and Marketing, you can easily speak both languages, ensuring smooth communication and planning process. Acting as the primary contact in marketing, you have an eye on all the moving pieces and can speak to their roles in an integrated plan.
As our Director of Product Marketing, you will drive user growth and product adoption by identifying the target audience, defining a relevant and differentiated product narrative, and developing a go-to-market strategy for each product and service in the KOHO portfolio. This role is highly collaborative, strategic, and able to unite the full marketing stack to a focused goal. You will lead the discipline and a team of PMMs/specialists reporting to the CMO.
A storyteller at your core, you will own our audience/user research, delivering a company-wide hierarchy of value propositions and key features/benefits through a consumer lens. In parallel with the product managers who lead the KOHO app’s development, this role will help inform the product definition and roadmap by providing relevant customer insights and marketing/commercial perspective to the product team.
What You'll Do
- Own the holistic audience/user research process delivering clear insights to drive business growth
- Translate data and insights into actionable recommendations for GTM execution
- Partner with product org to inform and validate the product roadmap and test future iterations
- Build out unique and ownable product narratives defining how we want customers to think and feel about our products
- Identify the target audience and subsets for opportunities around unique storytelling and value creation
- Serve as the entry point into marketing, managing the calendar, briefing, feedback, development and ultimate consumer-facing execution
- Own the marketing process, prioritizing key stories and setting horizontal expectations on resources and timelines
- Develop the GTM integrated marketing strategy in partnership with cross-functional leads across paid, earned and owned marketing channels
- Work with integrated teams on breakthrough and relevant messaging
- Collaborate with partner marketing on activation opportunities with complimentary external brands
- Articulate and update the product narrative through the entire lifecycle
- Provide agile communications of product updates to key stakeholders in the organization
- Own reporting and product marketing performance analysis summary presentations
- Build and scale a team of product marketing experts
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor degree in marketing or a related field
- You have 8+ years of product marketing experience in a service or software industry (fintech a bonus!)
- You have a deep understanding of market trends and product life cycles
- You have a proven ability to manage consumer research and action it across departments
- You have managed and scaled teams of product marketing managers and specialists
- You use excellent time management and project prioritization skills
- You strongly influence and sell-in a vision
- You have excellent analytical and presentation skills
- You have an intuitive understanding of how to effectively assign responsibilities in a matrixed org
- You have a proven ability to drive impact through cross-discipline integrated plans
- You are excited about joining a fast-growing startup!
What's In It For You?
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• 🧘♂️ Balance Your Life - Company-wide Summer wellness days, Winter holiday closure, unlimited Personal Days, a wellness spending account, and maternity & parental leave top-up
• 💻 Remote First - Work from anywhere in Canada with a budget to set up your home office
• 🆙 Level Up - Access to 3 in-house certified performance coaches and an annual training budget
• 🥅 Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice per year
• 🙌 The KOHO Culture - We have won 7 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
• 🤝 Be an Owner - Every KOHO employee gets a generous amount of equity with a 10 year exercise window
The KOHO culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspectives. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding accessibility needs, please contact email@example.com and the People and Culture team will be happy to help.