Life at Kobalt.io
We’re excited about our mission and our people. We believe in continuous learning and development – you’ll learn from and with our team, share your expertise in lunch and learns for staff and external audiences, and we’ll all grow together. In fact, you probably don’t meet all the requirements listed, and that’s ok. As a team we’ll fill in the gaps, and help each other meet the challenges of our mission.
Kobalt.io provides a fully remote working environment with flexibility to achieve our organizational goals while balancing your personal needs.
We welcome you and celebrate differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We provide extended benefits and stock options. We believe if we take care of our team, pay them fairly, value their contribution, they will take care of our clients and we’ll all succeed together. To learn more about the Kobalt.io team, visit https://kobalt.io/about/
Kobalt.io is an equal opportunity employer looking for team members who have a real passion for security. Our company is seeking to hire an Account Executive (AE) who will be in charge of driving excellent results in new client acquisition. A successful candidate will have a track record of being able to field a large volume of monthly leads from a variety of sources, working those opportunities through closure in a tight timeframe and overachieving on sales quotas. In a typical month, we expect our Account Executive to have over 100 active opportunities and close 30 or more deals across long term, security programs through to shorter term professional services engagements. You need to have the ability to convert introductions to calls, convert calls/marketing qualified leads into sales qualified leads, write proposals and close deals at a high volume.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to join a growing team, this is your opportunity. Kobalt.io is a rapidly growing cyber security services and technology firm focused on addressing the needs of small and mid-sized businesses. Founded in November 2018, Kobalt.io has been recognized as an emerging company on the Ready to Rocket Emerging ICT list, 2020 Startups to Watch by Techcouver and has worked with over 350 companies globally addressing cyber security challenges since inception.
Candidates should be competent in using CRM software, proposal generation tools, office suites, email, social and other communication tools, Slack, and other cloud-based software applications such as Google Workspace, Confluence and Monday.com.
Skills And Abilities
- Extensive sales experience as an account executive (5 years+) selling cybersecurity services or products into the SMB market segment (experience selling to high tech startups is a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn a new services portfolio and contribute to sales closings within 30 days, and ramp up to handle a high volume of deals across a diversified portfolio within 3 months
- Demonstrated capability to drive $1.5M ARR or more annually within a SMB sales environment
- A completed or in progress bachelor's degree in business or related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using cloud software for a variety of tasks.
- Strong willingness to learn and voice your opinions in order to strengthen the business.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to be fearless
- A passion for your work
- A proactive attitude
- A willingness to take risks
- Self motivation
- The ability to balance company goals with personal goals
- Book calls from introductions, conduct discovery, solutioning and proposal generation, close business at high win rate and in timely fashion
- Maintain current account and opportunity status at all times in the HubSpot CRM
- Achieve or exceed monthly sales targets in both MRR and professional services engagements
- Identify the needs of the prospect and work to close service engagements - prioritizing standard/packaged services over custom work
- Present and position our solutions effectively to win over prospects and manage expectations with them on the services journey so they are delighted with the client experience
- Build long-term relationships with partners and clients to help develop mutually-beneficial relationships, referral pipeline and referenceable logos
- Work with across the entire organization to identify opportunities to improve services, sales collateral and other areas to build an industry leading security and privacy services organization