Marketing & Communications
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2023
👋 You found us. Awesome. Something led you here, maybe a glimpse of potential and something amazing? Well that’s how we feel about Klue.
Who are we?
Klue is a VC backed, capital-efficient high growth SaaS company. Tiger Global and Salesforce Ventures led our US$62m Series B in the fall of 2021. We’re creating the category of competitive enablement: helping companies understand their market and outmaneuver their competition. We benefit from having an experienced leadership team working alongside several hundred risk-taking builders who elevate every day.
We’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone HC, a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 winner, and recipient of both the Startup of the Year and Tech Culture of the Year awards at the Technology Impact Awards.
We have one strong belief when it comes to building content at Klue: boring equals death.
That’s why we are looking for a content marketer who will inject life into our content — bringing new creative ideas to the table, pushing the boundaries of storytelling, the formats we use, and continue to expand the limits of how content can be the driving force of a company’s brand and growth.
Ready to win the hearts and minds of our audience? Sweet, come join us.
Day to Day:
- Shaping the POV of our audience through thought leadership content that stands out as part of our mission to create a category. Examples of this are primary research reports, video series development or other copywriting efforts)
- Driving new and innovative content ideas from ideation through to execution
- Copyediting, lots of it - across e-mails, ads, landing pages, and other assets
- SEO strategy & execution
- Working with marketing team members and cross-functional partners to ensure consistent delivery of POV and messaging
Your friends and colleagues would describe you as:
- A strong writer and compelling communicator.
- A natural storyteller - someone with a personality and voice that resonates. Someone agile and quick to pivot in order to speak to different audiences and personas
- Creative - as we said boring = death. You think well outside of the box of B2B marketing content and consistently look for opportunities to experiment and iterate, again and again. Your past content is 🔥
- Deeply curious - you consider yourself a journalist at heart and can dig and dig and dig until you find a story and angle that's going to resonate with the audience
- Someone committed to elevating: a self-starter that's on the hunt for excellence. You frequently identify opportunities to raise the bar for yourself and others. Consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance and challenging yourself to deliver results.
- Able to and has a track record of delivering on tight timelines/timelines in general
- Added bonus: you have a proven marketing/content background in B2B SaaS
How We Work at Klue
- Our main Canadian hubs are in Vancouver and Toronto, and most of our teams are located in EST and PST. Ideally, this role would be located in Toronto or Vancouver. Your team will be in office at least 2 days per week, and if you are within a reasonable commuting distance of the office, we’ll see you there!
Total Compensation & Benefits:
- Time off. Take what you need. We want the team to prioritize wellness and avoid burnout. Vacation usually falls into 3 categories: recharging, life-event, & keeping a work-life balance. Just ensure the required work gets done and clear it with your team in advance. You need to take at least two weeks off every year. The average Klue team member takes 2-4 weeks of PTO per year.
- Benefits. We currently have extended health benefits starting on your 1st day.
⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
Lastly, we take potential into consideration. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of the specifics listed above. If you know you have what it takes, even if that’s different from what we’ve described, be sure to explain why in your application. Reach out and let’s see if there is a home here for you now or in the future.
We’ve made a commitment to support and contribute to a diverse environment; on our teams and in our community. We’re early in our journey; we've started employee led resource groups, committed to Pay Up For Progress, and use success profiles for roles instead of 'years of experience'. We continue to scale our efforts as Klue grows. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have dedicated that commitment to our current and future #kluecrew. During the interview process, please let us know if there is anything we need to make more accessible or accommodate to support you to be successful.
All interviews will be conducted via video calls. We work in a hybrid model of WFH (remote) and in-office. We’re excited to meet you and in the meantime, get to know us:
✅✅ Win-Loss Acquisition (2023)
🅰️ Series A (2020)
🐅 Series B (2021)
🐝 About Us