Category Manager (Hybrid)
Category Manager (Hybrid)
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. Kardium is developing a ground breaking medical device for the minimally-invasive diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
Kardium has a fantastic technical team that has developed a product with strong, unique and customer-valued differentiators versus other solutions on the market: The Globe® Pulsed Field System. We have built connections with key opinion leaders who are already using the Globe System and are helping to tell our story.
The Category Manager is responsible for optimizing supply base and managing supply chain risk by developing strategy, evaluating risk, negotiating agreements, updating stakeholders, identifying cost savings, and collaborating on process improvement.
Please note, this opportunity is a hybrid work arrangement, located in Burnaby, BC.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop supply chain strategy and drive actions to optimize the supply base
- Evaluate supply chain risk to identify risk factors and ensure the risk analysis is maintained up to date
- Propose risk mitigation solutions and drive implementation of mitigation activities for identified high risk factors
- Negotiate and drive execution and management of supply agreements to ensure necessary pricing, quality, delivery, inventory commitments and other business requirements are met
- Proactively update key internal stakeholders on status of new and current critical supply issues
- Act as first line of escalation to the purchasing team for cost, delivery, quality and other supplier relationship management issues
- Identify cost reduction opportunities including make versus buy decisions, evaluate total cost of ownership, develop cost-benefit analyses models and ensure identified priorities are implemented
- Work with key stakeholders to identify opportunities to move in-house processes upstream to the supply base
- Ensure timely supplier response, implementation and completeness of required quality actions
- Other tasks as assigned
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about creating cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work within a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. And we understand that only by working together can we solve the unsolvable.
You are suited to our approach and possess these attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, supply chain management, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in global strategic sourcing or category management
- Experience in a medical device or other highly controlled manufacturing environment required
- You have an understanding of risk management and how to assess and quantify risk in a supply management context
- You have experience in negotiating complex supply agreements with significant financial exposure
- Experience planning and leading change initiatives utilizing structured project management
- Solid understanding of ERP system functionality
- Demonstrated experience and achievement defining and implementing sourcing solutions
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required
Kardium has listed the total cash compensation range that we expect to pay applicants for this role, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, and business or organizational needs. For candidates with more or less experience than listed above, the pay range will be adjusted.
- $100,000 – 134,000 (CAD Annually)
Why work at Kardium
A meaningful career working with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electrical and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
Thanks in advance for your interest in Kardium!