Junior Automation Engineer (Hybrid)
Junior Automation Engineer (Hybrid)
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. We have developed a ground-breaking medical device for the minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of the most common heart rhythm disorder, atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation can cause stroke, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
Kardium has a fantastic technical team that has developed a product with strong, unique and customer-valued differentiators versus other solutions on the market: The Globe® Pulsed Field System. We have built connections with key opinion leaders who are already using the Globe System and are helping to tell our story.
By joining Kardium’s Automation team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. Kardium is developing a ground-breaking medical device for diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for designing, implementing, improving, and supporting the software, firmware, and electronics of Kardium’s custom automated equipment. Examples of equipment that we control include lasers, multi-axis motion systems, pneumatic valves, and heaters. Specific responsibilities include:
- Design, implementation, integration, and maintenance of object-oriented software (typically C#) and firmware (various languages)
- Selection and integration of control system electronics
- Capture and documentation of requirements for custom automated equipment.
- Organization of, and participation in, multi-disciplinary design reviews related to custom automated equipment.
- Transfer of the custom automated equipment to its end user and provision of ongoing support.
What you bring to the team…
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about developing cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work in a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. We understand that only by working together can we solve what was thought unsolvable.
You are suited to our approach and possess these attributes and abilities:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant engineering discipline
- 0 to 3 years of working experience in this field.
- Object-oriented software development skills and knowledge
Ideally you also have:
- Experience developing firmware and electronics (e.g. PCB design, creating wiring harnesses, and component selection) for embedded systems.
- Experience with data acquisition, database development, and motion control.
Kardium has listed the total cash compensation range that we expect to pay applicants for this role, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, and business or organizational needs. For candidates with more experience than listed above, the pay range will be higher.
- $71,000 – 95,000 (CAD Annually)
Why work at Kardium
A meaningful career working with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electrical and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
Thanks in advance for your interest in Kardium!
Kardium is a technology pioneer developing devices to address cardiovascular diseases. The company was founded in 2007 by a team with a track record of excellence in medicine, business, and engineering. Focused on building a world-class, internationally dominant medical device company, we believe in having lots of fun while working hard. We hire top individuals who are strong team players and trust them to make the right decisions to achieve our goals. Kardium has repeatedly been selected as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in BC” by BC Business Magazine and has ranked as the #1 Life Sciences and Health Services Company. In 2021 and 2015 Kardium was also awarded “Medical Technology Company of the Year” by Life Sciences BC. Visit our website at: www.kardium.com.