Team Lead - Technical Writer (Hybrid/Remote)
Team Lead – Technical Publications (Hybrid/ Remote)
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. We have developed a ground-breaking medical device for the minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of the most common heart rhythm disorder, atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation can cause stroke, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
Kardium has a fantastic technical team that has developed a product with strong, unique and customer-valued differentiators versus other solutions on the market: The Globe® Pulsed Field System. We have built connections with key opinion leaders who are already using the Globe System and are helping to tell our story.
As the Technical Publications Team Lead, you will manage a team of technical writers to produce materials that effectively communicate the safe usage of the Globe product, our trademark device, through collaboration with cross-functional teams. Critical to this role is the ability to manage deadlines and communicate complex material clearly for healthcare professionals while ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
Please note, this opportunity has the option of a hybrid work arrangement located in Burnaby, BC, or remote option.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Set clear and attainable goals for your team members as they produce technical publications
- Manage priorities for the team through coordination with the cross-functional teams, collect input and feedback from Product Management, Clinical Engineering, and other development teams
- Coordinate and participate in planning, writing, illustrating, and maintenance of product documentation, including instructions for use, product labels, training manuals, release notes, and service manuals
- Ensure that you and your team create clear and easy-to-follow labeling while complying with applicable regulatory requirements
- Manage the review and approval of the labeling
- Manage the translation of instructions for use, software, and labels
- Oversee all contract illustrators and writers
- Maintain and improve the technical publications infrastructure, including style guides, product templates, work instructions and guidelines, authoring tools, and documentation processes
- Support other technical publications needs across the company
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about developing cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work in a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. We understand that only by working together can we solve what was thought unsolvable.
You are suited to our approach and possess these attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with additional courses in writing or an equivalent level of related experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience developing technical documentation in a regulated industry, preferably for medical devices where you developed exemplary writing skills
- A minimum of two years’ experience leading a team
- Established ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work on several projects concurrently
- Capacity to manage, build, and get the most out of a team of technical professionals
- Strong interviewing and research skills coupled with a strong attention to detail
- Previous experience with or exposure to XML, single-sourcing, content management, and requirements management
- An expertise with Madcap Flare, Microsoft Office, source control software (such as Git and Subversion), and BarTender
- The ability to manage changes and changing priorities effectively
- The aptitude for working within a regulated environment
Kardium has listed the total cash compensation range that we expect to pay applicants for this role, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, and business or organizational needs. For candidates with more or less experience than listed above, the pay range will be adjusted.
- $84,000 – 105,000 (CAD Annually)
Why work at Kardium
A meaningful career working with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that affects millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- An opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electrical and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
Thanks in advance for your interest in Kardium!