Intermediate Electronics Engineer (Hybrid)
Intermediate Electronics Engineer (Hybrid)
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. We have developed a ground-breaking medical device for the minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of the most common heart rhythm disorder, atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation can cause stroke, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
Kardium has a fantastic technical team that has developed a product with strong, unique and customer-valued differentiators versus other solutions on the market: The Globe® Pulsed Field System. We have built connections with key opinion leaders who are already using the Globe System and are helping to tell our story.
We are looking for an Intermediate Electronics Engineer to help design the next generation of high-quality medical devices. In this role, you will gain hands-on experience in the development and commercialization of complex and leading-edge medical devices. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, improving, and supporting the next generation of the Globe® Pulsed Field System.
Please note, this opportunity is a hybrid work arrangement, located in Burnaby, BC.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analog and digital circuit design, including: documentation, schematic capture, and PCB layout
- Complex system level debugging (e.g. multi-board systems with multiple processors, firmware, RF, communication links, etc.)
- Testing prototypes of custom electronics
- Supporting design transfer to manufacturing and service
- Investigating and determining the root cause of technical failures
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about developing cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work in a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. We understand that only by working together can we solve what was thought unsolvable.
You are suited to our approach and possess these attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical or electronics engineering
- Electronics engineering skills and knowledge normally acquired through at least 4 years of experience
- Experience with electronics CAD tools, preferably Altium Designer
- Proficiency with test and measurement equipment
- Board level analog and digital circuit design experience
- A strong drive to succeed with a track record of being highly productive
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- Able to deal with changing priorities and requirements
- Able to execute tasks with minimal instruction and guidance
- Able to rapidly understand new concepts and acquire new skills
- Experience developing electronics for a medical device
- Experience with safety and EMC standards, particularly IEC 60601
- Experience interfacing with FPGA designs and designers
Kardium has listed the total cash compensation range that we expect to pay applicants for this role, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, and business or organizational needs. For candidates with more or less experience than listed above, the pay range will be adjusted.
- $94,000 – 114,000 (CAD Annually)
Why Work at Kardium?
A meaningful career working with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electrical and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
Thanks in advance for your interest in Kardium!