Software Tools Developer (Hybrid)
Software Tools Developer (Hybrid)
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. We have developed a ground-breaking medical device for the minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of the most common heart rhythm disorder, atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation can cause stroke, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
Kardium has a fantastic technical team that has developed a product with strong, unique and customer-valued differentiators versus other solutions on the market: The Globe® Pulsed Field System. We have built connections with key opinion leaders who are already using the Globe System and are helping to tell our story.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, we are looking for a dynamic Software Tools Developer. As a part of a highly collaborative and technical team, you will develop innovative, user-friendly software features for our revolutionary Globe® Mapping and Ablation System.
What you’ll be doing
You will develop, test and maintain tools to assist in the development of software for our Globe® Mapping and Ablation System. These tools run the gamut from code generation, static analysis customization, workflow customizations, to testing automation frameworks. In doing so you will utilize a variety of skills, methodologies and technologies such as:
- Regulator expressions or formal text parsing
- Requirements and business case analysis
- Software verification and validation (V&V)
- Customization/integrations of third-party systems for
- Requirements management
- Issue tracking systems
- Source code repositories
- Static analysis
- IDE plugins
- HTML, CSS and web app frameworks
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about creating a cutting-edge medical device to help improve people’s lives. We work within a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. And we understand that only by working together can we solve the unsolvable. You bring to the team these characteristics, plus:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Proven ability to be a valued contributor in a disciplined, software development process
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed written and verbal technical communication skills
- The willingness and ability to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate
Any experience with one or more of the following would also be helpful:
- Build systems such as Maven, scons, make, ant
- Experience in customizing/integrating with workflow tools like Jira
- Software development in the medical device or other regulated industry
- Experience with code parsing frameworks such as lexx/yacc
Kardium has listed the total cash compensation range that we expect to pay applicants for this role, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, and business or organizational needs. For candidates with more experience than listed above, the pay range will be higher.
- $83,000 – 116,000 (CAD Annually)
Why work at Kardium
A meaningful career working with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electrical and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
Thanks in advance for your interest in Kardium!
Kardium is a technology pioneer developing devices to address cardiovascular diseases. The company was founded in 2007 by a team with a track record of excellence in medicine, business, and engineering. Focused on building a world-class, internationally dominant medical device company, we believe in having lots of fun while working hard. We hire top individuals who are strong team players and trust them to make the right decisions to achieve our goals. Kardium has repeatedly been selected as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in BC” by BC Business Magazine and has ranked as the #1 Life Sciences and Health Services Company. In 2021 and 2015 Kardium was also awarded “Medical Technology Company of the Year” by Life Sciences BC. Visit our website at: www.kardium.com.