Systems Engineer - Software (Hybrid)
Systems Engineer – Software (Hybrid)
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. We have developed a ground-breaking medical device for the minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of the most common heart rhythm disorder, atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation can cause stroke, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
Kardium has a fantastic technical team that has developed a product with strong, unique and customer-valued differentiators versus other solutions on the market: The Globe® Pulsed Field System. We have built connections with key opinion leaders who are already using the Globe System and are helping to tell our story.
As our Systems Engineer – Software, you will be an integral part of our multidisciplinary engineering team, working across the software, electrical, biomedical research, usability, and risk management domains. Your daily activities will center around supporting product design and process development by developing tools for, and performing, system analysis activities and leading investigations into software and electrical system behaviour.
Please note, this opportunity is a hybrid work arrangement, located in Burnaby, BC.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining system analysis software tools
- Developing and documenting software and algorithms for R&D product features
- Analyzing behavior of the system to assess robustness, stability, and correct implementation
- Investigating issues identified during verification and during clinical use of the device
- Informing system level software and electrical specifications of the product
- Becoming familiar with and staying current on relevant medical device standards and regulations
- Working closely with software, electrical, and teams to improve analysis methods and inform future designs
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about developing cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work in a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. We understand that only by working together can we solve what was thought unsolvable.
You are suited to our approach and possess these attributes:
- Experience with software and electrical systems design. Mechanical systems knowledge is a plus
- Experience with signal processing and large data-set analysis
- Experience with Java, MATLAB, and C is preferred
- Practical knowledge of medical device regulatory requirements and standards such as IEC 60601, IEC 62304, and/or ISO 13485 is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- High degree of drive and motivation
Why work at Kardium
A meaningful career working with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that affects millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- An opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electrical and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
Thanks in advance for your interest in Kardium!
Kardium is a technology pioneer developing devices to address cardiovascular diseases. The company was founded in 2007 by a team with a track record of excellence in medicine, business, and engineering. Focused on building a world-class, internationally dominant medical device company, we believe in having lots of fun while working hard. We hire top individuals who are strong team players and trust them to make the right decisions to achieve our goals. Kardium has repeatedly been selected as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in BC” by BC Business Magazine and has ranked as the #1 Life Sciences and Health Services Company. In 2021 and 2015 Kardium was also awarded “Medical Technology Company of the Year” by Life Sciences BC. Visit our website at: www.kardium.com.