Human Factors Engineer (Hybrid)
Human Factors Engineer (Hybrid)
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. We have developed a ground-breaking medical device for the minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of the most common heart rhythm disorder, atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation can cause stroke, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
Kardium has a fantastic technical team that has developed a product with strong, unique and customer-valued differentiators versus other solutions on the market: The Globe® Pulsed Field System. We have built connections with key opinion leaders who are already using the Globe System and are helping to tell our story.
We are seeking a Human Factors Engineer to help drive assessment product design and use improvements by facilitating human factors testing of the product in pre-clinical and clinical settings.
As a Human Factors Engineer, you will be an integral part of our multidisciplinary engineering team, working across the clinical, electrical, software, biomedical research, mechanical, and risk management domains. Your daily activities will center around supporting human factors activities and becoming a system level domain expert who contributes to design and human factors investigations.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Plan, support, and document formative and summative HF testing
- Plan, support, and document SW UX testing and walkthroughs
- Plan, support, and document contextual inquiries with clinician users
- Provide HF testing feedback to HW and SW design teams
- Perform and document task analysis and use-related risk analysis
- Draft HF documents to support regulatory submissions
- Assess and incorporate user feedback from clinical usage and post-market surveillance
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about developing cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work in a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. We understand that only by working together can we solve what was thought unsolvable.
You are suited to our approach and possess these attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- Broad experience with Software, Electrical, and Mechanical systems design
- Background and aptitude with hands-on device usage, ideally, handling of percutaneous catheters and standard interventional cardiology and electrophysiology tools and equipment, or other products
- Experience with Human Factors/Usability Engineering activities and best practices
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or life-science
Why work at Kardium
A meaningful career working with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that affects millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- An opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electrical and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
Thanks in advance for your interest in Kardium!