IT Support Specialist
IT Support Specialist
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. We have developed a ground-breaking medical device for the minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of the most common heart rhythm disorder, atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation can cause stroke, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
Kardium has a fantastic technical team that has developed a product with strong, unique, and customer-valued differentiators versus other solutions on the market: The Globe® Pulsed Field System. We have built connections with key opinion leaders who are already using the Globe System and are helping to tell our story.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be a part of a growing IT team, as we build the systems and processes needed to support our staff and become a public company over the next few years.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing day-to-day technical support for Kardium employees.
- Managing end-user accounts and permissions across IT systems.
- Onboarding of new employees and contractors.
- Assisting employees with software and hardware setup and configuration.
- Sourcing and installing new equipment.
- Managing and maintaining AV solutions in meeting rooms.
- Supporting technology enablement for building management system
- Providing input on IT requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about developing cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work in a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. We understand that only by working together can we solve what was thought unsolvable.
You are suited to our approach and possess these attributes:
- Familiarity with hardware/software installation and configuration.
- Knowledge in installing and troubleshooting desktop/laptop hardware and peripherals.
- Working knowledge of server administration, network switches, firewalls.
- Working knowledge with M365.
- Ability to provide IT problem solving and support desktop operating systems and applications.
- Good communication skills, both orally and written with both internal and external contacts and the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Certifications like Microsoft 365 Azure, Microsoft Azure, CCNA would be considered as an asset.
Why work at Kardium
A meaningful career working with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electrical and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!