Mechanical Test Engineer
Mechanical Test Engineer
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. We have recently commercialized a ground-breaking medical device for minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other conditions affecting patient quality of life.
In this role, you will gain hands-on experience specifying, performing, and overseeing verification and validation activities on complex and leading-edge medical devices. Your work in verification and validation will necessitate interactions with all parts of the company including design engineering, clinical research, field operations, regulatory affairs, and manufacturing. You will have an excellent opportunity to gain a broad and comprehensive understanding of medical device R&D, while performing detailed technical work.
What you’ll do…
You will engage in a diverse set of activities including some or all of the following:
- Plan and execute hands-on testing activities to evaluate product performance
- Characterize manufacturing processes and assess process capability using design of experiments
- Validate tests using statistical methods to assess repeatability, reproducibility, and accuracy
- Analyze test data using Excel and Minitab
- Author protocols and reports to support regulatory submissions for new and existing products
- Design and fabricate test jigs and fixtures using Solidworks, CAMWorks, CNC mills, lathes, and other tools
- Interpret and implement medical device standards and regulations
- Collaborate with stakeholders to assess process or design changes and propose comprehensive test plans
- Participate in root cause investigations, corrective and preventive actions
- Drive continuous improvement of company procedures as they pertain to verification and validation
What you bring to the team…
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about developing innovative medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work in a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. We understand that only by working together can we solve what was thought unsolvable.
You are suited to our approach and possess these attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering (mechanical, mechatronics or engineering physics is preferred)
- At least 3 years of testing or design experience in the medical device industry, or 5 years of hands-on experience with mechanical/hardware product testing desired
- Practical knowledge of mechanical systems, experimental design, and statistical analysis
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and technical documentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness
Why work at Kardium?
A meaningful career working with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electrical and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
Thanks in advance for your interest in Kardium!
Kardium is a technology pioneer developing devices to address cardiovascular diseases. The company was founded in 2007 by a team with a track record of excellence in medicine, business, and engineering. Focused on building a world-class, internationally dominant medical device company, we believe in having lots of fun while working hard. We hire top individuals who are strong team players and trust them to make the right decisions to achieve our goals. Kardium has repeatedly been selected as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in BC” by BC Business Magazine and has ranked as the #1 Life Sciences and Health Services Company. In 2021 and 2015 Kardium was also awarded “Medical Technology Company of the Year” by Life Sciences BC. Visit our website at: www.kardium.com.