Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounting & Finance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accounts Payable Specialist supports the Finance team in administering the day-to-day purchases to payable processes. They will be the go-to person for all accounts payables-related matters.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in accounts payable processes, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to operate and contribute individually as well as be able to work with internal and outsourced teams effectively. With at least three years of experience, preferably in the mobile gaming sector, the Accounts Payable Specialist will ensure the accuracy and efficiency of our accounts payable operations and contribute to the financial health of our organization. This is an exciting opportunity for an AP specialist with excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills to develop their leadership skills.
As an Senior Accounts Payable Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Operations Support
- Ensure the timely processing, payment and reconciliation of vendor invoices, expense reports, credit cards and POs
- Review invoices and expense claims against supporting documents for accuracy and completeness
- Performs semi-monthly payment cycles including EFT/ACH and wire preparation
- Manage and monitor the vendor onboarding process including vendor set-up verification for accuracy and tax compliance
- Ensure invoices have been processed and entered correctly in our Accounts Payable and ERP system, and ensure that all input tax credits (ITCs) are coded correctly per the province of purchase and tax regulation
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and external vendors/partners to build a trusting, friendly relationship
- Performs 3-way match for POs with our vendors
- Assist with continuous improvement initiatives within AP
- Assist in weekly bank reconciliation
- Assist with audits as required
- ICFR Related Responsibilities
- Assist with the month-end close process for AP, including preparation of month-end reconciliations for AP
- Administration of Accounts Payable systems
- Adhere to the procedures and internal controls for purchase to pay cycle
- Coaching and Mentorship
- Provide on-the-job coaching, training, and development of the outsourced AP team
- Support the recruitment, staffing, onboarding, and performance review processes throughout the year for the outsourced AP team
- Work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders to influence decision-making and have a thorough understanding of purchase to payables cycle to address issues in a timely manner
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- 3+ years of experience in a full cycle AP role in a high-volume, fast-paced environment. Experience in the mobile gaming industry is an asset but not required.
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting, achieved or enrolled in a recognized AP certification program would be considered an asset
- Experience with large ERP applications (i.e. Netsuite) and AP automation software (Medius AP experience is an asset but not required)
- Experience working with an outsourced AP team
- Experience working in a multi-entity and multi-currency environment and familiarly with intercompany transactions
- Working knowledge of sales tax implications on vendor invoices
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with external vendors and internal personnel
- Basic knowledge of month-end closing procedures
- Good understanding of and proven experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook & Powerpoint) and Google Workspace/G-Suite
- Professional and able to handle confidential material with due care
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, as well as attention to detail
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- Extended Health Coverage: effective day one, no waiting period! Our benefits cover health, dental, life, disability, and extended paramedical services such as vision care, mental health practitioners, massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and much more.
- DEIB Benefits: DEIB is important to us and to our people - that’s why our benefits include gender-affirming care, fertility care, and other hormonal treatments and drugs.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: our benefits are built on a flex credit model, so you’re able to choose the coverage levels that are right for you, and allocate the rest to a group RRSP/TFSA, Health Spending account, and/or Personal Spending Account.
- RRSP Matching: everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program once you reach 90 days with us.
- PTO and Parental Leave: we offer paid parental leave, flexible paid time off, paid time off for volunteering, sick leave, and holiday closures.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: this program provides crisis management support, immediate mental health care, and generalized support for emotional, mental, and financial well-being.
- Telus Virtual Health: we provide increased access to remote healthcare providers for prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- Learning and growth: We encourage people to grow both personally and professionally, and support this through regular lunch & learns and an education stipend.
- Pay transparency: We share with employees the pay range their role falls within and clear career maps to determine how they can grow within their role or level-up to a promotion.
- Cool spaces: Our offices are in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal, Prince Edward Island, and Seoul. Whether it’s summers on the rooftop patio in Downtown Vancouver, watching the fireworks in Montreal’s South Shore, or trying local eats in Downtown Charlottetown - we want our people to feel like their time spent in office is worthwhile!
- Giving back: Our ‘Agents of Change’ initiative is how we support the communities close to our heart, and we have several events and fundraisers every year that Agents of Change organize.
- Hybrid Work: We aim to provide flexible arrangements that suit all work styles. All teams at Kabam are hybrid work environments, with a minimum of 2 days in-office to foster team collaboration and bonding. Full-remote options are also available for certain positions within Kabam.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.