Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Reporting to the Lead VFX Artist, the VFX Artist is a key contributor to game development teams and they are responsible for crafting visually striking and engaging Visual Effects that enhance the overall player experience. They collaborate closely with Artists, Designers, and Engineers to create stunning and dynamic VFX for our games.
- Partner with VFX Artist in establishing the VFX Art style.
- Ensure the VFX aligns with the game’s artistic vision and style to enhance the player experience.
- Create and implement a wide range of high-quality VFX, including but not limited to: Gameplay Character VFX, Cinematic VFX, Environment VFX, Combat VFX, Front-end VFX, magic, and more.
- Work with the Art and Design teams to ensure VFX alignment with Artistic vision and Gameplay.
- Work with Lead VFX Artist and Rendering Engineers on development of shaders and rendering techniques.
- Identify opportunities for automation and efficiency in the VFX production process.
Experience and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in related field
- A portfolio demonstrating strong skills in VFX
- Strong proficiency in industry-standard tools such as Maya, Houdini, Unity, Unreal, Photoshop, After Effects, Substance Designer, etc. to create VFX.
- Strong understanding of VFX principles, animation, and real-time rendering techniques.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and texturing for VFX.
- Understanding of VFX performance optimization and Rendering & Shader techniques.
- Strong knowledge of game engines and the technical constraints of real-time rendering.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a keen eye for visual quality.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Passion for gaming and a deep understanding of different gaming genres.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.