Senior Data Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Reporting to the Director, Data Engineering, the Senior Data engineer will work with software engineers for data ingestion validation; work with data analysts and BI for data modeling, data pipeline implementation and data transformation in EDW; work with Data scientist for data availability; and support on data governance for data management.
- Develop, construct, test and maintain Data technologies within the scope of Data Engineering
- Review and refine the current data engineering technologies in GCP to increase the scalability to match with the company's vision.
- Oversee all technical aspects of data engineering and data governance , including Data Catalog and Data security
- Participate in and implement the Data Governance initiatives
- Align the data engineering deliverables with business requirements by collaborating with product, marketing and data analytics partners
- Implement and manage data acquisition including data ingestion, data modeling and data transformation
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Develop data handling processes
- Oversee ETL/ELT transformations in Data Warehouse and Data Lake
- Deploy data integrations with information systems, machine learning and statistical methods
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of related experience
- University degree in Computer Science and certifications, high performance indicating strong technical capabilities
- Experience in Cloud Platform and architecture (GCP preferred)
- High technical proficiency in Cloud data architecture, data warehousing and data management
- High proficiency implementing and using data engineering technologies
- High proficiency in database management – SQL queries, database design, data warehouse design, database architecture, data system architecture, data integration
- Data Warehousing Skills: Data modeling, ETL/ELT, and development standardization
- Experience in SQL ,Python,Golang,Ruby,Perl,Scala, Java,SAS,R,MatLab,C or C++
- Preferred experience in working with Google Cloud and Bigquery such as DataForm, DataFlow, Composer, DataPlex, TerraForm, Workflow, EventArc and more
- Experience with NOSQL databases like MongoDbGaming industry background is a plus
- Familiarity with Data ingestion - CI/CD Pipeline creation, event driven
- Basic understanding of machine learning, Data Analysis, ETL / elt, Automation (Deployment)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Logical thinking and problem solving
- Strong documentation skills; organization and ability to simplify complexity
- Continuous professional improvement to learn and apply current best practices
- Customer-oriented work ethic, with a focus to advise and deliver value to business stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, with a management mindset
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.