Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Reporting to the Director, Data Scientist, the Data Scientist utilizes machine learning to change the way we make and operate our world class games. You will drive the design and implementation of end to end machine learning systems for production. The Data Scientist will work within the data science and analytics department; a centralized department that works with stakeholders throughout the company.
- Opportunity Identification: Help to identify opportunities for machine learning in our products.
- Machine Learning System Ownership:Own a machine learning system.
- Data Extraction and Analysis: Query our petabyte-scale database to extract game data. Conduct exploratory data analysis, hypothesis testing, and feature engineering.
- Machine Learning Model Development: Build and evaluate machine learning models to improve in-game features and boost product metrics.
- Communication and Collaboration: Communicate project goals, progress, and outcomes with production, design, and engineering
- Model Evaluation and ROI Assessment: Perform tests to evaluate the ROI/lift of machine learning models.
- Model Deployment and Monitoring: Work with engineers to deploy models (batch predictions, microservices, and monitoring
Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in a STEM discipline, preferably thesis-based
- 2+ years of industry experience in data science, preferably in large scale client-facing software/web/application companies
- Professional level Python programming skills (NumPy, pandas)
- Experience deploying machine learning models into production
- Proficient with machine learning libraries: eg. sci-kit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Strong SQL skills (joins, subqueries, analytic functions)
- Can drive projects independently, maneuver through imperfect data or experimentation, and pivot goals or targets with ease
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner with staff at all levels; justifies decisions, and achieves peer consent
It will be a bonus if you have:
- Software/Machine Learning or Data Engineering experience
- PhD in a STEM discipline
- Proficient in Docker, Airflow, Bigquery, Tableau, Github
- Game industry experience
- Experience with Pytorch, Tensorflow, Other Deep Learning Libraries
- Experience with recommendation systems
- Background in advanced statistics
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform, or other cloud-based machine learning platform
- Evidence of continued learning
- Active Github or Kaggle Profile
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.