Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Accounting & Finance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Reporting to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, is responsible for providing strategic financial guidance to the executive management team, enabling informed decision-making and driving the achievement of our financial and strategic goals. You will play a pivotal role in shaping our financial planning, control, and reporting processes, ensuring their alignment with our long-term strategic vision.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Drive the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process for all financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) in collaboration with company leadership
- Provide relevant and actionable management reporting to help steer the management team toward achieving financial and strategic goals
- Partner with the CFO and senior leadership team to prepare long-term financial projections that align with the company’s strategic plan.
- Develop scenario models and conduct sensitivity analysis to assess the impacts of potential strategic initiatives, providing valuable insights and recommendations for informed decision-making.
- Examine financial results against targets and provide meaningful commentary and insights on trends in the business
- Identify risks and opportunities to management that drive actionable strategies
- Present updates on the company’s financial health during monthly business reviews
- Manage, coach, and develop a team of direct reports, ensuring the efficient operation of the function
- Streamline and optimize FP&A operations by building efficient processes that integrate industry best practices, offering clear guidance to the organization. Ensure adherence to budgetary processes allowing for seamless accessibility of crucial financial data to all relevant stakeholders
- Assist with the analysis and due diligence of potential acquisition targets
- Drive continuous improvement of complex revenue forecasting models
- Partner with the Financial Reporting team on both revenue and expense recognition processes
- Oversee development and maintenance of the FP&A tech stack (Adaptive)
- Liaise with Parent company FP&A team for monthly submissions and ad hoc requests
- Oversight of FP&A team’s monthly game P&L reviews with executive producers and studio general managers to identify operational actions to improve the bottom line
ICFR related Responsibilities:
- Support the financial reporting team with the month-end close process for revenue recognition, bonus accruals, valuations, and estimating the company’s annual performance index
- Review and approve headcount requests to support the CFO
- Review and approve new chart of accounts
- Review month end variance analysis of the actual versus forecast
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- CPA required; MBA preferred
- Ability to partner cross-functionally, through strong relationship-building, influencing, negotiating, and communication skills, with all levels of management
- A self-motivated person with instinctive problem-solving capabilities, curiosity, and a positive mindset
- 8+ years of progressive experience in FP&A and financial accounting
- 4+ years of experience in a managerial role
- Comprehensive understanding of financial statements and IFRS standards (US GAAP knowledge is a plus)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with business intelligence software (such as Power BI or Tableau) and comfort with manipulating and interpreting large sets of data
- Experience successfully leading Adaptive Planning improvement projects or similar cloud-based financial planning tool is preferred
- Extensive financial modeling experience, including sensitivity analysis and what-if scenarios
- Experience integrating entities into financial reporting and planning
- Previous experience working in video games or the tech industry is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL is a plus
- Experience with planning for mergers and acquisitions is a plus
- Experience liaising with a parent organization is a plus
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- Extended Health Coverage: effective day one, no waiting period! Our benefits cover health, dental, life, disability, and extended paramedical services such as vision care, mental health practitioners, massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and much more.
- DEIB Benefits: DEIB is important to us and to our people - that’s why our benefits include gender-affirming care, fertility care, and other hormonal treatments and drugs.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: our benefits are built on a flex credit model, so you’re able to choose the coverage levels that are right for you, and allocate the rest to a group RRSP/TFSA, Health Spending account, and/or Personal Spending Account.
- RRSP Matching: everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program once you reach 90 days with us.
- PTO and Parental Leave: we offer paid parental leave, flexible paid time off, paid time off for volunteering, sick leave, and holiday closures.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: this program provides crisis management support, immediate mental health care, and generalized support for emotional, mental, and financial well-being.
- Telus Virtual Health: we provide increased access to remote healthcare providers for prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- Learning and growth: We encourage people to grow both personally and professionally, and support this through regular lunch & learns and an education stipend.
- Pay transparency: We share with employees the pay range their role falls within and clear career maps to determine how they can grow within their role or level-up to a promotion.
- Cool spaces: Our offices are in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal, Prince Edward Island, and Seoul. Whether it’s summers on the rooftop patio in Downtown Vancouver, watching the fireworks in Montreal’s South Shore, or trying local eats in Downtown Charlottetown - we want our people to feel like their time spent in office is worthwhile!
- Giving back: Our ‘Agents of Change’ initiative is how we support the communities close to our heart, and we have several events and fundraisers every year that Agents of Change organize.
- Hybrid Work: We aim to provide flexible arrangements that suit all work styles. All teams at Kabam are hybrid work environments, with a minimum of 2 days in-office to foster team collaboration and bonding. Full-remote options are also available for certain positions within Kabam.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.