Montreal, QC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, December 6, 2023
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
You possess a combination of technical ability with an eye towards high visual fidelity. You can clearly articulate the capabilities and limitations of the technology to the Creative team while promoting the needs of artists and finding solutions to technical issues. You are recognized as a bridge between artists and engineers. You enjoy optimizing the art production pipeline to create great games and have fun while doing it.
Sounds like a match? Our studio located in Montreal is looking for a Technical Artist to join us.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work closely and serve as a bridge between the artists, designers, engineers and the rest of the team to create and improve art production workflows, tools, pipelines, and asset optimization/integration.
- Identify creative solutions to facilitate the artistic vision within the technical limits.
- Developing pipelines, workflows and tools for the team.
- Contributing to rendering, shading techniques and processes.
- Researching and prototyping cutting-edge tools and rendering techniques.
- Establishing comprehensive documentation covering pipelines, tools, and procedures.
- You'll be working on Shop Titans (RPG game).
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- 2+ years of development experience in Unity.
- Solid game industry experience, specifically in a technical artist role.
- Comfortable with troubleshooting artist technical problems.
- Familiarity with modeling/ texturing tools such as 3DS Max and Substance.
- Knowledge of art optimization techniques to ensure performance.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in Unity Scripting (C#).
- Experience with Unity lighting, Shader Graph, postprocessing and VFX.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Self-motivated, organized, curious and resourceful, with a good ability to self-manage.
- Team-oriented, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- Extended Health Coverage: effective day one, no waiting period! Our benefits cover health, dental, life, disability, and extended paramedical services such as vision care, mental health practitioners, massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and much more.
- DEIB Benefits: DEIB is important to us and to our people - that’s why our benefits include gender-affirming care, fertility care, and other hormonal treatments and drugs.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: our benefits are built on a flex credit model, so you’re able to choose the coverage levels that are right for you, and allocate the rest to a group RRSP/TFSA, Health Spending account, and/or Personal Spending Account.
- RRSP Matching: everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program once you reach 90 days with us.
- PTO and Parental Leave: we offer paid parental leave, flexible paid time off, paid time off for volunteering, sick leave, and holiday closures.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: this program provides crisis management support, immediate mental health care, and generalized support for emotional, mental, and financial well-being.
- Telus Virtual Health: we provide increased access to remote healthcare providers for prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- Learning and growth: We encourage people to grow both personally and professionally, and support this through regular lunch & learns and an education stipend.
- Pay transparency: We share with employees the pay range their role falls within and clear career maps to determine how they can grow within their role or level-up to a promotion.
- Cool spaces: Our offices are in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal, Prince Edward Island, and Seoul. Whether it’s summers on the rooftop patio in Downtown Vancouver, watching the fireworks in Montreal’s South Shore, or trying local eats in Downtown Charlottetown - we want our people to feel like their time spent in office is worthwhile!
- Giving back: Our ‘Agents of Change’ initiative is how we support the communities close to our heart, and we have several events and fundraisers every year that Agents of Change organize.
- Hybrid Work: We aim to provide flexible arrangements that suit all work styles. All teams at Kabam are hybrid work environments, with a minimum of 2 days in-office to foster team collaboration and bonding. Full-remote options are also available for certain positions within Kabam.
By applying to this job posting, I understand that Kabam’s Montreal office is a bilingual-friendly environment and Kabam as a whole has locations across Canada, the USA, and South Korea. I understand that since employees at Kabam speak varying languages, my interview may be conducted in English. I understand and agree to receive communications in English throughout the recruitment process. If you have any concerns with this, please reach out to our People team so we can make alternate arrangements.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.