Manager, Financial Planning and Product Analytics
Accounting & Finance, Product, Data Science
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Reporting to the Senior Manager, FP&A, the Manager, Financial Planning and Product Analytics will collaborate with key business partners to forecast and analyze product performance, providing innovative guidance to the leadership team. Your primary responsibility is to provide product support to the company’s portfolio of games and key stakeholders. This role is focused on providing actionable insights to support quick and accurate decision making, budgeting analysis, forecasting analysis, variance analysis, variance commentary, reporting and reviews, and presentation and project preparation.
In this role, you can expect:
- Key Accountabilities
- Develop and manage budgets, forecasts and financial models to support strategic planning and decision-making
- Partner with the Senior Manager, FP&A to support Sr. Management, GMs and EPs to develop cadence to review risks and opportunities for games, strategy and mitigation to ensure that short term goals align with both current year plan and 5yr long-term strategy along with recommended strategies
- Evaluate and screen projects and business initiatives achieving expected ROI and organizational success
- Key contributor to monthly reporting, forecasts and reviewing financial reports regularly providing commentary and meaningful insights on business trends
- Business Intelligence and Analytics – Data analysis, utilize data analytics tools to extract insights from large datasets, focusing on user behavior, game performance and revenue metrics.
- Implement, develop and provide financial analysis on KPIs giving data driven insights to aid decision making
- Simulation and scenario analysis – scenario modeling through development of financial models to assess impact on financial performance, considering different product types, user segments, platforms and monetization models
- Presenting updates on the company’s financial health during monthly business reviews
- Identify opportunities to improve operating efficiency by analyzing business trends
- Drive continuous improvement of complex revenue forecasting models and FP&A operations
- Streamline and optimize FP&A operations through building processes that incorporate FP&A best practices to provide guidance and clarity to the organization
- Ensure compliance with the budget process
- Automate and design a system to ensure all relevant stakeholders have easy access to key financial data
- Partner with the Financial Reporting team on revenue recognition processes
- Actively participate in the development and maintenance of the Finance tech stack (Adaptive, Tableau, NetSuite)
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field supplemented with CPA designation or MBA
- 6+ years of progressive experience, including 3+ years in FP&A. Video game industry experience is preferred.
- Extensive financial modeling experience, including sensitivity analysis and what-if scenarios
- Strong technical proficiency with advanced skills in Excel for financial modeling and data manipulation, financial planning software and analytics tools. Experience with Adaptive Insights or similar cloud-based financial planning/reporting tool is preferred
- Adaptability and problem-solving in a dynamic industry and the ability to adapt to changes and evolving trends is crucial
- Exposure to business intelligence software (such as Power BI or Tableau) and comfort with manipulating and interpreting large sets of data
- Ability to partner cross-functionally, through strong relationship building, influencing, negotiating and communication skills, with all levels of management
- Strong communication and presentation skills, Powerpoint – effectively communicating financial insights and recommendations to non-financial stakeholders. Prepare and deliver clear and concise presentations to support strategic decision-making
To take it up a notch, you will also have:
- Gaming Industry Knowledge – understanding of the gaming ecosystem, informed about gaming trends, platforms, user preferences and monetization strategies and market analysis
- Mobile first and cross platform focus – understanding of mobile gaming, knowledge of mobile gaming trends, user behaviour on mobile platforms, and effective monetization strategies for mobile games. Ability to analyze and strategize financial plans that consider cross-platform gaming experiences
- Passion for gaming products – user centric mindset – a genuine passion for gaming products, coupled with a deep understanding of user preferences, will help in aligning financial plans with the user experience
- Experience in Behavioural Economics
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- Extended Health Coverage: effective day one, no waiting period! Our benefits cover health, dental, life, disability, and extended paramedical services such as vision care, mental health practitioners, massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and much more.
- DEIB Benefits: DEIB is important to us and to our people - that’s why our benefits include gender-affirming care, fertility care, and other hormonal treatments and drugs.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: our benefits are built on a flex credit model, so you’re able to choose the coverage levels that are right for you, and allocate the rest to a group RRSP/TFSA, Health Spending account, and/or Personal Spending Account.
- RRSP Matching: everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program once you reach 90 days with us.
- PTO and Parental Leave: we offer paid parental leave, flexible paid time off, paid time off for volunteering, sick leave, and holiday closures.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: this program provides crisis management support, immediate mental health care, and generalized support for emotional, mental, and financial well-being.
- Telus Virtual Health: we provide increased access to remote healthcare providers for prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- Learning and growth: We encourage people to grow both personally and professionally, and support this through regular lunch & learns and an education stipend.
- Pay transparency: We share with employees the pay range their role falls within and clear career maps to determine how they can grow within their role or level-up to a promotion.
- Cool spaces: Our offices are in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal, Prince Edward Island, and Seoul. Whether it’s summers on the rooftop patio in Downtown Vancouver, watching the fireworks in Montreal’s South Shore, or trying local eats in Downtown Charlottetown - we want our people to feel like their time spent in office is worthwhile!
- Giving back: Our ‘Agents of Change’ initiative is how we support the communities close to our heart, and we have several events and fundraisers every year that Agents of Change organize.
- Hybrid Work: We aim to provide flexible arrangements that suit all work styles. All teams at Kabam are hybrid work environments, with a minimum of 2 days in-office to foster team collaboration and bonding. Full-remote options are also available for certain positions within Kabam.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.