Accounts Payable Coordinator (Intern)
Accounting & Finance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
You are a recent graduate, or 3rd or 4th year student specializing in accounting or finance. You have a strong understanding of Accounts Payable foundations and want to be part of a team where you can contribute, learn and grow. You are a lover of numbers with an exceptional level of attention to detail and a high level of initiative. You possess a solid work ethic, sense of accountability, and adapt well to change through a relentlessly positive attitude.
YOU are the Accounts Payable Coordinator we’re looking for to join our fun-loving Accounting team at our Vancouver office.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Process accounts payable including communicating with external and internal business partners, validating, processing and recording invoices
- Set up vendors in the systems
- Assist the Accounting team to prepare for month end working papers
- Audit internal expense reports along with corporate credit card reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Assist with Intercompany of AP records
- Assist with PO accrual & reconciliation
- Other ad-hoc tasks and/or projects as opportunities arise
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- a Diploma or Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Practical accounts payable experience in a professional setting or equivalent education
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid proficiency in MS Office Suite (particularly in Excel), and Google Suite
- Proven track record of being self-directed along with exceptional organization and research skills
- Flexible and willing to go that extra mile to gain more knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate the capacity to manage ambiguity and shifting priorities while remaining calm and controlled
- Pursuing CPA designation is an asset but not required
This is an internship starting in January, and will run for a 4-month term.
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.